Gaming THAT iso site was hacked

  • Thread starter Thread starter kurocygnus
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 61,936
  • Replies Replies 407
I used the default reset password that was attributed to me.

Seriously, GBAtemp should not allow anyone to talk about that 'ISO' site anymore.
Someone in 2016 that stores passwords in plaintext have a serious problem.

Hashing and Salting is a standard, even if it is not hyper secure.
 
  • Like
Reactions: fodder
I used the default reset password that was attributed to me.

Seriously, GBAtemp should not allow anyone to talk about that 'ISO' site anymore.
Someone in 2016 that stores passwords in plaintext have a serious problem.

Hashing and Salting is a standard, even if it is not hyper secure.
someone in 2016 who uses vbulletin has a serious problem
 
  • Like
Reactions: Deleted User
I used the default reset password that was attributed to me.

Seriously, GBAtemp should not allow anyone to talk about that 'ISO' site anymore.
Someone in 2016 that stores passwords in plaintext have a serious problem.

Hashing and Salting is a standard, even if it is not hyper secure.
Meh. Out of all of the things that shouldn't be discussed or allowed on the temp? That iso site isn't the worst.
 
  • Like
Reactions: OkazakiTheOtaku
Who cares about email, the worst thing is reusing passwords on different sites.
>password is the same for email client
>hacker finds every site that uses the compromised password
I unno man

edit just a google search of an email address pulls up most accounts associated with it
 
Last edited by mutinize,
>password is the same for email client
>hacker finds every site that uses the compromised password
I unno man

edit just a google search of an email address pulls up most accounts associated with it
But who uses a legit email/password on those type of sites? I don't get it. getairmail.com or 10minutemail + random letters/numbers as a password and voila.
 
But who uses a legit email/password on those type of sites? I don't get it. getairmail.com or 10minutemail + random letters/numbers as a password and voila.
Probably the same kind of people who play a pirated game online a week before release and get upset when they're smacked with the ban hammer.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted