• Poll closed .

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If you are talking about the specs alone then yeah, but Nintendo manages to popularize their handheld through awesome games. I haven't touched my 3d function on the 3ds since I bought it, but I love the games on that system, that alone makes it worth it for me. Although I do feel extra $$$ was wasted for gimmicks.
I think it's a combination of affordability, good design and broad support, not just Nintendo games (unless by "popularizing through games" you also meant third-party ones, in which case sure - agreed).

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's a combination of affordability, good design and broad support, not just Nintendo games (unless by "popularizing through games" you also meant third-party ones, in which case sure - agreed).

I voted for the N-gage, not because the hardware was bad because it wasn't. Not for the whole Side Talking thing (although I did find that pretty funny.)

The reason I voted for it, was considering how heavily marketed it was, the thing was a massive flop... Nokia did several price drops and in the end was selling them for like 50 bucks. Launching at $300 it was more expensive at the time than a Playstation 2.

Not to mention that comparing the N-Gage to the GBA was pretty weird. The DS was released about 1 year after the N-Gage so the GBA was pretty much at the end of it's life at the time the N-Gage launched.

http://www.sidetalkin.com/page-1.html <----- This page is what was funny about the whole side talkin thing lol

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
GBA and N-Gage were both awful. Then SP and QD came out, and it was great.
I wish the Swancrystal had the same treatment. Sorry Bandai.
I disagree so strongly it's not even funny, the classic GBA was so, so much more comfortable! The GBA SP was way too small for me - it would be much nicer if it was wider. The original GBA's only flaw was the lack of a backlight.

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I disagree so strongly it's not even funny, the classic GBA was so, so much more comfortable! The GBA SP was way too small for me - it would be much nicer if it was wider. The original GBA's only flaw was the lack of a backlight.
That flaw alone made games unplayable to me. The original Game Boy was fine because you didn't have as many colors. Try playing games like Aria of Sorrow and good luck... same thing with the Swancrystal, but they never did a backlit version. No one can possibly play any full-color game at home without any light (unless it's VERY sunny and you have all of your windows open). And besides, I've always thought that, to fully enjoy a game, you have to AT LEAST understand what you are looking at.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That flaw alone made games unplayable to me. The original Game Boy was fine because you didn't have as many colors. Try playing games like Aria of Sorrow and good luck... same thing with the Swancrystal, but they never did a backlit version. No one can possibly play any full-color game at home without any light (unless it's VERY sunny and you have all of your windows open). And besides, I've always thought that, to fully enjoy a game, you have to AT LEAST understand what you are looking at.
After years of playing on the GBC it didn't bother me at all - backlit screens weren't the norm back then. The actual controls were far more comfortable than when I used the SP, and being able to control the game is just as important as being able to see it. Perhaps if the Classic and the SP had a baby, it would be an ideal system. :P

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wasn't a perfect solution because you still had the old LCD tech, but there was the Afterburner kit that could be installed into the original GBA to illuminate the screen.

At least there is the DS/Lite to play GBA on with nice backlighting and comfy controls. Too bad the GB/C hardware wasn't included.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It wasn't a perfect solution because you still had the old LCD tech, but there was the Afterburner kit that could be installed into the original GBA to illuminate the screen.

At least there is the DS/Lite to play GBA on with nice backlighting and comfy controls. Too bad the GB/C hardware wasn't included.
I agree, a DS/Lite is probably the best way to enjoy GBA games - comfortable controls and a backlit screen in one package is the way to go for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: