TF2 is acting up.

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by TwinRetro, Apr 22, 2011.

1. TwinRetro
    OP

TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

Global Moderator
    Aug 29, 2008
    United States
    Las Vegas, NV
    So...I can connect to servers, no problem. I can play and kill and maim and nothing is wrong in that aspect...

BUT...Whenever I try to manage my items, I get "LOADOUT NOT AVAILABLE - CONNECTION TO STEAM LOST" or some shit like that... Now, I understand that this is the Item server, but I just want to make sure it's everyone and not just me.

Can anyone else check and see if they have this problem?

2. ~De arimasu

~De arimasu GBAtemp Regular

Apr 30, 2008
    I was getting that a few days ago but not any more. The only advice I can give is wait a while and try again [​IMG]

3. FireEmblemGuy

FireEmblemGuy Celebrating a decade of shitposting

Jul 6, 2007
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    It's usually a problem with your internet connection dropping or otherwise acting up. Usually it'll fix itself if you exit and re-enter the game, but other times you'll have to wait it out a while.

4. TwinRetro
    OP

TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

Global Moderator
    Aug 29, 2008
    United States
    Las Vegas, NV
    That's the thing. I have restarted Steam, restarted my computer, and I even went into my steam folder ad cleared out data.

I then went to speedtest.net, and my speed is 12Mbps with 26ms latency.

5. Infinite Zero

Infinite Zero Almost!

Apr 25, 2010
    United States
    California
    I experienced that yesterday. You might have to wait for a few hours or a day then try again.
    Sometimes, when that happens to me, other players on the server also get that "error" but it's not always the case..