Testing fans?

AkitoUF

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Simple quick question. Is there a way or homebrew to force the fans to spin just to test if they're working alright?
My Switch is old, from december 2017 and I just want to know if the fans are still working alright.

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Simple quick question. Is there a way or homebrew to force the fans to spin just to test if they're working alright?
My Switch is old, from december 2017 and I just want to know if the fans are still working alright.
i have v1 around 70% it gets pretty laoud

AkitoUF

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Just run a game like breath of the wild, the fan will spin if your fan work.
I mean yeah, of course I thought of running a game but I don't think the fan is working when it should which is why I asked for a more sure way to force them to spin to test if they're alright. Something like a homebrew to test the Switch in general or something like that.

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I mean yeah, of course I thought of running a game but I don't think the fan is working when it should which is why I asked for a more sure way to force them to spin to test if they're alright. Something like a homebrew to test the Switch in general or something like that.
If your switch is not turning off yea i bet it is working fine :P you can install status monitor(it is a tesla overlay) to check temps and fan woprking.

Reactions: BigOnYa

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
I do hot air blow on the temp sensor if I want to know fan works or not. Or you could test the other way around, blow cold air to stop fan spinning.
1704137724160.png

Reactions: BigOnYa

AkitoUF

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
So, update on the situation.
I was playing Diablo 3 and decided to turn the volume off and just bring my ear to the air exhaust and indeed the fan was spinning, it's just that it wasn't as loud as I thought it would be but I did hear something so I guess it's alright?

Is the Switch's fan supposed to not be super loud?

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I was playing Diablo 3 and decided to turn the volume off and just bring my ear to the air exhaust and indeed the fan was spinning, it's just that it wasn't as loud as I thought it would be but I did hear something so I guess it's alright?

Switch is not super agresive on cooling if paste is good and evrything works, as i said i have v1 and fan is getting laoud on around 70% and up before that i cant hear it.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

It's loud when close to 100%. At ~20% is very silent.

Reactions: Lamcza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto