OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I've been messing around with making trainers via Cheat Engine, so test some stuff for me?
This first post will be updated every so often with trainers I currently need tested.

• Need Testing
    • Nethack 3.4.3 (Windows, Console)
      http://rydian.net/trainers/nethack_1.0.zip
    • NethackW 3.4.3 (Windows, Tiles)
      http://rydian.net/trainers/nethackw_1.0.zip
    • Torchlight 1.0.69.21 (Steam Latest)
      http://rydian.net/trainers/torchlight_1.2.zip
  • Confirmed Working
    • Cave Story+
  • Failures
    • Terraria
      Uses managed code and things change around a lot. While I can get individual hacks working, entire code locations/routines/offsets change after the game is closed and restarted so a trainer using the more basic methods won't work. I need to learn a lot more before I can make a reliable trainer for this game.
    • VVVVVV
      Crashes when I try to debug it. XD

(11:52:16 PM) Rydian: Yar. With address freezing for infinite health, you just have the trainer re-set your health value to full over and over a few times a second... but what if you're dealt enough damage between the freeze period to die before it resets your health? And then you get into cases where you take more damage than you have health at all *coughcough*fuckingfalldamage*cough*, the address freeze does you no good since you're calculated as dead in the next logic cycle of the game, well before the ~50-250ms freeze rate most cheat programs want to work at.

(11:55:29 PM) Rydian: And then there's cases where the simple act of injecting values can screw you over... in that Super Mario Bros X fangame, when you take damage and your powerup state is toggled, it actually changes the value back and forth a few times for a second in order to simulate the whole "shrink" effect from the original games... the issue being that in that game's engine the player coordinates start from the top of the sprite, not the bottom! So when the memory holding your state is forcefully set during that animation, your y-coordinate on-screen isn't modified, so you get bigger without getting taller... meaning if you're on the ground, you get your lower half shoved into the floor. XD And at a default rate of being reapplied every 250ms, you can get shoved down multiple times during the "hit" animation, so after you're done taking the hit you're stuck in the floor...

(11:57:43 PM) Rydian: So the approach of actually modifying the assembly run by the processor to stop the damage routine from running properly at all when you get hit solves these problems. It has a small downside of being specific to that routine so if the game has multiple types of damage sources (normal hits, damage over time, drowning) all the routines need to be modified, but this is usually not any trouble as the routines are all found via the same method.

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Tested both trainers.

Cave Story+
Both No HP lost and No ammo used are working
Enemy attacks still lower your EXP even with No EXP lost activated
Infinite air can cause instant drowning if you touch water.

Terraria
Immunity To Attacks: Enemies still lower your HP even when hit.
The other options don't work at all.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
A quick test shows EXP loss working for me so I'll mess around and see if there's something I missed, perhaps it's calculated differently in different game modes or at different story points (for example maybe the routine differs depending on your weapon selection as the game progresses).

As for air loss I turned it on and it worked, but then after turning it off and entering water the game crashed so there might be something wrong with the injected code to re-enable the air drain, but what's there is what would run originally anyways... at least, the same command. I'll have to see if the offsets differ, and if so figure out a way around that as well. Later though.

EDIT: Okay, had some more time to fiddle with it.

@kupo3000

• Cave Story+
    Still not sure what's up with the EXP issue... what save slot was it, and were you playing the original story, or as Curly or a side story? My two saves are later in the main game (right before hell, and right after the boulder room) so I haven't tested if a different weapon config affects it (naglaro00 says it works for him and he seems to be near the end like my saves so that's my current theory).

Anyways see if this version has the air working properly.

http://rydian.net/trainers/csplus_1.0.1.zip
  • Terraria
    Are you on version 1.1.2?

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Tested the updated Cave Story+ trailner. No EXP still doesn't work, but the other options are working.
No instant drowning this time. I'm playing normal difficulty story mode and using the first save slot.
Right now I'm at the Labyrinth Camp with Doctor Kero.

Yep, it's Terraria v.1.1.2. The trainer let's me activate the first option, but enemies still lower my HP.
The other options don't activate by Shift+2,3 or 4.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Cave Story+
Do you have the item (from labyrinth) that reduces the weapon damage you take? The game might have two routines (one with the item and one without), I'll have to test that out comparing a new game to one with the item collected, anf varying difficulties.

Terraria
Alright I'll see if I can't make a test version for 'ya later to see what's up.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Right now I don't have the Whimsical Star.
I'm pretty sure he's talking about the Arms Bar, which halves lost Weapon Exp. The Whimsical Star just gives you some orbiting, damage-dealing stars that do nothing to your weapon exp. And not losing Weapon XP + Nemesis = useless weapon.

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Right now I don't have the Whimsical Star.
I'm pretty sure he's talking about the Arms Bar, which halves lost Weapon Exp. The Whimsical Star just gives you some orbiting, damage-dealing stars that do nothing to your weapon exp. And not losing Weapon XP + Nemesis = useless weapon.

Don't have that either. Just in case my save is before the X Tank/Cat Boss fight.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Ooh.
1h9nx4.png

The sub is done if you do have the barrier, otherwise the add is done (though set to overflow minus the loss, in that example losing 1 EXP is adding FFFFFFFE (value of ECX) to wrap minus one). So it looks like I can just skip over that entire segment to make the code work for both.
*excited assembly newbie*
http://rydian.net/trainers/csplus_1.0.2.zip
Tell me if it works at all for you.

As for the terraria one, yeah it stopped working for me too, and from reading up on the game I can sort of see why... but it's beyond my current capabilities to make it work across sessions, so I may or may not get another test version out soon.

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
CS+ trainer v.1.0.2 is working correctly now.
You now don't need the Arms Barrier for No EXP Loss.
Also tested a New Game on Easy, Hard and Curly Mode.
It's working correctly on those modes as well. Great job. :yay:

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
NetHack trainer doesn't work, Ryd. And I'm kinda grateful for that... I still can't descend over level 15 and the tempatation to cheat would've been great :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: