Tesla menu not working

Birujin

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
hey guys when i try to make a file and try to name it with / between it won‘t let met how do i make it work? and when you guys say make a file what exactly does that mean? a txt file? and then name it with .ini at the end? the problem is i can‘t put the / to name it i don‘t know why

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys when i try to make a file and try to name it with / between it won‘t let met how do i make it work? and when you guys say make a file what exactly does that mean? a txt file? and then name it with .ini at the end? the problem is i can‘t put the / to name it i don‘t know why

the “/“ denotes a folder. So if I were to say:

create a file called /a/b/file.ini

• you would make a folder called “a”
  • inside that folder make another folder called “b”
  • then inside that folder create a new txt file
  • put whatever content is needed inside of it
  • then change that file’s name to file.ini.

cococ309

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hello everyone,

Running into a bit of a problem trying to get tesla menu running. I am running the latest software and I've tried to install tesla to use the cheat for pokemon legends arceus, but every time I try to use the combo button to get the menu to pop up, it will not show up at all. I'm not quite sure what's im doing wrong. if anyone can please help me out, greatly appreciate it!
The same to me

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

kenshincombo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the videos instructions, and I also tried making a config.ini file as you said, @binkinator

From the micro SD card's root, I went to the config folder, created a tesla folder, and then created a text file, and made sure to save it as config.ini, making sure that the actual extension is ini and not part of the file name. So, config.ini.

It's still not working for me either. Can't wrap my head around it. I've done much harder mods so something simple like this as in just downloading files and placing them in the right spots shouldn't be an issue. Followed the video to a T, and also tried redoing everything by using the cfwaifu site as well. Still can't get the menu to pop up in-game or just in general.

Any other suggestion would be much appreciated. :bow:

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the videos instructions, and I also tried making a config.ini file as you said, @binkinator

From the micro SD card's root, I went to the config folder, created a tesla folder, and then created a text file, and made sure to save it as config.ini, making sure that the actual extension is ini and not part of the file name. So, config.ini.

It's still not working for me either. Can't wrap my head around it. I've done much harder mods so something simple like this as in just downloading files and placing them in the right spots shouldn't be an issue. Followed the video to a T, and also tried redoing everything by using the cfwaifu site as well. Still can't get the menu to pop up in-game or just in general.

Any other suggestion would be much appreciated. :bow:

What does your config.ini look like (please post contents here)

What buttons are you pressing to bring up the menu?

Are you certain that it’s running (i.e. make sure you have a boot2.flag in place so the Sysmodule actually starts.)

kenshincombo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does your config.ini look like (please post contents here)

What buttons are you pressing to bring up the menu?

Are you certain that it’s running (i.e. make sure you have a boot2.flag in place so the Sysmodule actually starts.)
Tried doing my own button presses, but then after that didn't work, I just copied your config's buttons too, but nothing.

[tesla]
key_combo=RS+LS+ZL+ZR
# A, B, X, Y, LS, RS, L, R, ZL, ZR, PLUS, MINUS, DLEFT, DUP, DRIGHT, DDOWN, SL, SR

Pressing ZL, ZR and pressing both of the joysticks down. My boot2.flag is in place and in the flag folder. If it helps, I'm running the most current version of Atmosphere, so Atmosphere 1.4.0 and OFW 15.0. Really scratching my head here. Everything else still works as is, but I just can't get this menu to pop up.

Last edited by kenshincombo,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried doing my own button presses, but then after that didn't work, I just copied your config's buttons too, but nothing.

[tesla]
key_combo=RS+LS+ZL+ZR
# A, B, X, Y, LS, RS, L, R, ZL, ZR, PLUS, MINUS, DLEFT, DUP, DRIGHT, DDOWN, SL, SR

Pressing ZL, ZR and pressing both of the joysticks down. My boot2.flag is in place and in the flag folder. If it helps, I'm running the most current version of Atmosphere, so Atmosphere 1.4.0 and OFW 15.0. Really scratching my head here. Everything else still works as is, but I just can't get this menu to pop up.
You’ve nailed it all. I don’t see anything that would prevent it from working straightaway after a reboot.

You’re not on a Mac, are you?

Might want to run the Hekate -> Tools -> Fix Archive Bit process regardless. Won’t hurt anything.

kenshincombo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You’ve nailed it all. I don’t see anything that would prevent it from working straightaway after a reboot.

You’re not on a Mac, are you?

Might want to run the Hekate -> Tools -> Fix Archive Bit process regardless. Won’t hurt anything.
Nah, I'm PC all the way.

Yeah, this is really strange. I don't know what could be going wrong. I've done way more difficult stuff and this is simple, but it just doesn't work, haha.

I really don't have any other idea I can try. I'll give the Hekate suggestion a try and post my results here after I get back from work.

Thanks for the suggestions. Praying it helps.
Post automatically merged:

@binkinator I went into tools and used the "Fix Archive Bit" setting but it still didn't work.

Here's the strange thing though, after trying to install tesla for the third time again after trying the "fix archive bit" in Hekate, and then making a new config.ini again, now the menu magically shows up. Not sure what specifically changed, but I guess if you just reinstall over 10 times, it just fixes itself. :wacko:

Thanks for all the suggestions though. At least it is somehow working now. :creep:

Last edited by kenshincombo,
Reactions: binkinator

SAMA08979

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
nothing as soon as I go edizon disappears and only when starting the console does it allow me to reopen the menu but with the same result if I go back to edizon.😭 Help me please

Attachments

• VF_19122022_204822246.mp4
    4.1 MB

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: SAMA08979

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
create a file called /config/tesla/config.ini and put the following inside:

This will require you to press both sticks and both lower shoulder buttons at the same time.
It’s the easiest to remember (and perform) complex-quad I’ve found to simultaneously press (but will likely never be used in a game.)

You will need to reboot after you change the ini file
I tried it but it doesn't work, well it just sort of does. Let me explain :

After installing Edizon, Tesla and Cheats Updater, the first time I pressed the default combination [L] + [Down Button] + [Right Thumbstick Button], the tesla menu showed up, but when I pressed A on Edizon to go on, it disappeared and never reappeared again.

So I tried your trick of creating a tesla config file, but I got the same result. After pressing the new combination, tesla menu appears, disappears when pressing A and never reappears again.

When I open Edizon on the homebrew channel I'm able to activate cheats and they work. So I don't really need Tesla I guess but it would be more convenient. Any idea of why I got this issue please ?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried it but it doesn't work, well it just sort of does. Let me explain :

After installing Edizon, Tesla and Cheats Updater, the first time I pressed the default combination [L] + [Down Button] + [Right Thumbstick Button], the tesla menu showed up, but when I pressed A on Edizon to go on, it disappeared and never reappeared again.

So I tried your trick of creating a tesla config file, but I got the same result. After pressing the new combination, tesla menu appears, disappears when pressing A and never reappears again.

When I open Edizon on the homebrew channel I'm able to activate cheats and they work. So I don't really need Tesla I guess but it would be more convenient. Any idea of why I got this issue please ?
This is an Edizon issue, not a Tesla Menu issue. Please see this for the solution:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/after-t...and-i-cannot-open-tesla.621963/#post-10001862

I can assume you did manage to fix your problem? Can you suggest what can I do to fix similar issue?
You can do similar things already suggested to solve and then report back with what is happening differently in your specific use case.

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is that an Edizon issue when Edizon works fine and the tesla menu is the one disappearing ? I don't get it. I tried the solution in the other thread and it didn't work, but thanks anyway for trying.
Edizon Overlay has a bug. You can open it once and then it breaks the Tesla menu. The only way to recover is to reboot. Sorry it didn’t work for you. Not sure what else it could be though. I hope you figure it out.

Last edited by binkinator,

ItsMrOkami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This will require you to press both sticks and both lower shoulder buttons at the same time.
It’s the easiest to remember (and perform) complex-quad I’ve found to simultaneously press (but will likely never be used in a game.)

where do i put the file? im getting the same problem i press the buttons and the menu wont show

Trasimaco

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Thank you!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao now I can live the life of Juan...