Hacking Terribly slow downloads

thefunkygibbon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so i've managed to get usbloaderGX working now (still cant get cfg or flow to see my hdd) but everytime i go do download an update or my images through the app (both usbloadergx and cfg exhibited the same) the download speed s AWFUL. usbloadergx has a speed counter and says 15kp/s :( i know there is no issues with download speeds as I can happily download using the same internet/wireless on other devices during this and get >10mb/s.

has anyone else experienced this sort of slowness? is there anything I can do? downloading within WiiU environment is fine too.

thefunkygibbon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
lol thank you. as i said. the wiiU is fine with download speeds.
for what its worth, my router is about 2 metres away from the wiiU. signal etc not anything to do with this.

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then it's a problem with routing from your house/ISP to the wiitdb site, nothing you can do in that case. I suppose it could be bad write speed to your SD/HDD... do you have a Y-cable in your HDD for power? Normal Wiiu downloads would be fine because they are saving to your internal storage. You -could- have bad sectors on your homebrew storage device, that could cause it.

thefunkygibbon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so i should probably preface myself, I know about networking. Its my job. I also understand about storage.
So with that out of the way and to answer you, other devices can access wiitdb site just fine. Its not just that thats slow, its updating the usbloader app which is also slow. I'm not sure where it downloads the app from but i can download it from the official download source with no issues.
I have tried 2 different SD cards, also they are both ones which i copied all the homebrew stuff to and from before i started with the updates so I know theres no issues with the cards I have. (plus when its doing the extraction process of the update file it does so a lot faster (3mbps).

i guess my question really was, does anyone else have any speed related issues within the vwii environment? its also really slow within the shopping channel. which presumably uses internal memory not the sd card for its temporary caching of the downloads.

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh you didn't mention it was slow in the shopping channel on the vwii. So probably the vwii modes network driver is having a conflict with your router. You should try disabling MMS in your router or try changing the channel width mhz and see if that helps, I bet it's probably the MMS though (QoS).

To support this, try tethering the vwii to your phone and download something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o