OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Please post feedback for tempStyle 3 in here.

If possible please provide screenshots or URLs to bugs or concerns you have...

(Thread is a WIP)

Features not yet implemented - Improve custom style support
- Improve custom style loading times on older devices
- Cloud based style storage
- More styles

Known Bugs - Glitchy styler, sometimes colours don't load in properly
- Some errors on iOS/MAC
- Border around posts on "just black" style is cut off on mobile

Updates 02/01/2020
- Loading times improved
- Added inbox and alerts panel triggers on mobile
- Increased clarity of unread messages, notifications on mobile
- Prevented zooming in on text box focus in iOS
- Account menu now scrollable within viewport on small screen resolutions
- Fixed popup quote/reply menu on post text selection on mobile

04/01/2020
- Added a right handed mobile navigation option! (Enable it in User Prefs > Mobile display settings) *NEW*
- Added option to disable menu transitions on mobile (Enable it in User Prefs > Mobile display settings) *NEW*
- Added/Fixed quick system menus on portal

tempStyle 3 Q&A

Can I continue to use the old styles?
Change can be difficult but we suggest you try using tempStyle 3 for a while to feel the benefits. Unfortunately we are retiring the old styles and starting today they will no longer be available for use.

Why is the page so narrow?
Click this icon
upload_2019-12-31_22-5-17-png.191864
in the bottom left of any page.

But what about the dark and black themes?
tempStyle 3 was delayed while work on the dark and black themes was completed. You can find more information on how to select them above.

I prefer right handed navigation on mobile?
You can enable right handed navigation in your User Prefs > Mobile display settings > Right handed navigation menu.

I cleared my cache and now my custom style is gone! How do I get it back?

Unfortunately, this is not currently an option but we are looking into it.

I made a cool custom style! How can I submit it as an official preset style?
Please use the tempStyle 3 styles thread by clicking here!

I have a suggestion to improve the new style!
Please let us know in the dedicated thread by clicking here.

I found something that doesn't look quite right!?
We are still working on the new skin and bugs and some sections of the site may have been overlooked when designing it. Especially if using a non-default style. If you find a bug or something that looks unpolished or in need of updating please let us know in the dedicated thread by clicking here.[/INFORMATION]

Last edited by shaunj66,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sometimes I am getting a notification on the PM envelope when its actually a thread notification. And other times the thread notification shows on both the envelope and bell.

Also every time I press the little burger icon to bring up the side bar the side bar appears then disappears then reappears then a white flash happens on screen then the side menu properly loads all in about 1 second. The flashy thing is super annoying and if others are having it happen to them could cause them to have a epileptic fit or something.

All the above happens on Samsung Internet browser and firefox and Chrome on my android phone.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
upload_2020-1-3_23-19-54.png

Small bug with the LGBTQ+ banner in the popup page when clicking on a profile that has it - shows the chosen color behind the text, which I don't believe is intended?

Also, not a bug, but I'd totally dig more pride flags / more patterns for the backgrounds of these banners.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Posted this in page 5, I get it often on Mozilla and it's annoying quite a bit...
Interesting. Could you provide more detail as to which FF you are using etc? Any plugin that you are using? Anything else in particular you were doing before or during the bug? Trying to recreate it since I haven't run into it on both new and old FF

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Interesting. Could you provide more detail as to which FF you are using etc? Any plugin that you are using? Anything else in particular you were doing before or during the bug? Trying to recreate it since I haven't run into it on both new and old FF
71.0, normal plugins (Flash, Shockwave, Java). And for me it happens only on the front page, usually when first coming on, get it about a third of the time and seems more common after I've cleared the cache.

Updates 04-01-2020

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
New updates
- NEW! Right handed mobile navigation option! (Enable it in User Prefs > Mobile display settings)
- Added option to disable menu transitions on mobile (Enable it in User Prefs > Mobile display settings)
- Added/Fixed quick system menus on portal

upload_2020-1-4_13-2-33.png

Last edited by shaunj66,
Reactions: smileyhead

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Here is a not so great screen capture of the side menu glitch I posted about earlier. The menu kinda loads then disappeares then loads all in about half a second. Sometimes its even worse as can be seen towards the end of the screen capture where it kinds flickers about the place. The issue happens on my android phone using Samsung Internet browser/Chrome and Firefox

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Here is a not so great screen capture of the side menu glitch I posted about earlier. The menu kinda loads then disappeares then loads all in about half a second. Sometimes its even worse as can be seen towards the end of the screen capture where it kinds flickers about the place. The issue happens on my android phone using Samsung Internet browser/Chrome and Firefox

I'll PM you

Reactions: AmandaRose

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
when you click into the window of doing a quick edit on post the text disappears and u have to go into the full editor to see it again to edit it

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok @shaunj66 I get this huge problem if I try to edit a status update. As you can see the edit/delete/report box covers the text so I can't see what I am editing. Surely the box should disappear after I select edit but it doesn't for some reason

Screenshot_20200106_004252_com.sec.android.app.sbrowser.jpg

Last edited by AmandaRose,

JRave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everytime I try to customize portal it changes from my current color style to default and shows a different user at the top right. The user in question is Korma. I haven't tried to change anything to prevent problems.

Also, is there a way to change the unread messages color? This orange on the Dark theme is annoying. I changed it to a different color, but the orange for unread messages on the forum overview is still there.

Last edited by JRave,

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The time in blog entries is now on the bottom instead of the top? I think it should be on the top because some blog entries are very long so I have to read the entire entry or scroll to the bottom of the page before I can see the time

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello GBAtemp Team.:)

I am sorry if this is already known:

When I change the Style to Custom and choose my Colors:

View attachment 192031 View attachment 192032 View attachment 192033

All is good,since I STAY in the same Window and click on Links.

But when I open a new TAB or Window or close/open the Browser and Log In:

View attachment 192034

What I have done for sure:

- cleared the Cache

View attachment 192035

- and of course SAVED the Style Changes.

I use Windows 7 Pro 32bit SP1 with all Updates/Fixes until today

View attachment 192036

and Firefox v71.0 32bit.

View attachment 192037

I really try to like the new Style and I really like to use the Custom Option.:)

Do you have any Suggestions for me please (except using Windows 10 or Linux please...) ?
Thank you.:)

Hello Team.

It is very sad,I still can not use the new Style Themes.....
And yes, the cache was cleared 4,264 times, cookies were allowed and not deleted when you log out and so on.

Thank you.

Reactions: IC_

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some minor updates - Fixed Patreon banners not showing properly in member cards when loaded in custom styles (thanks @CeeDee )
- Fixed profile post menus appearing above the expose mask/overlay popup (thanks @AmandaRose )
- Added metadata to title bar (date, time, reply and like counts) in Blog entry pages (thanks @Extrasklep )
- Fixed '3DS - Hacks, Translations and Utilities' forum icon (thanks @Extrasklep )

As for the ongoing issues with the styler/custom styles, we're aware of all of the issues and are looking to fix them but this involves a rewrite for certain parts of the code. So this will take a little while to complete

Last edited by shaunj66,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: