OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Please post feedback for tempStyle 3 in here.

If possible please provide screenshots or URLs to bugs or concerns you have...

(Thread is a WIP)

Features not yet implemented - Improve custom style support
- Improve custom style loading times on older devices
- Cloud based style storage
- More styles

Known Bugs - Glitchy styler, sometimes colours don't load in properly
- Some errors on iOS/MAC
- Border around posts on "just black" style is cut off on mobile

Updates 02/01/2020
- Loading times improved
- Added inbox and alerts panel triggers on mobile
- Increased clarity of unread messages, notifications on mobile
- Prevented zooming in on text box focus in iOS
- Account menu now scrollable within viewport on small screen resolutions
- Fixed popup quote/reply menu on post text selection on mobile

04/01/2020
- Added a right handed mobile navigation option! (Enable it in User Prefs > Mobile display settings) *NEW*
- Added option to disable menu transitions on mobile (Enable it in User Prefs > Mobile display settings) *NEW*
- Added/Fixed quick system menus on portal

tempStyle 3 Q&A

Can I continue to use the old styles?
Change can be difficult but we suggest you try using tempStyle 3 for a while to feel the benefits. Unfortunately we are retiring the old styles and starting today they will no longer be available for use.

Why is the page so narrow?
Click this icon
upload_2019-12-31_22-5-17-png.191864
in the bottom left of any page.

But what about the dark and black themes?
tempStyle 3 was delayed while work on the dark and black themes was completed. You can find more information on how to select them above.

I prefer right handed navigation on mobile?
You can enable right handed navigation in your User Prefs > Mobile display settings > Right handed navigation menu.

I cleared my cache and now my custom style is gone! How do I get it back?

Unfortunately, this is not currently an option but we are looking into it.

I made a cool custom style! How can I submit it as an official preset style?
Please use the tempStyle 3 styles thread by clicking here!

I have a suggestion to improve the new style!
Please let us know in the dedicated thread by clicking here.

I found something that doesn't look quite right!?
We are still working on the new skin and bugs and some sections of the site may have been overlooked when designing it. Especially if using a non-default style. If you find a bug or something that looks unpolished or in need of updating please let us know in the dedicated thread by clicking here.[/INFORMATION]

Last edited by shaunj66,

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
The search results title and ‘Search Again’ button could be in the same row to save some space

upload_2020-1-1_17-40-48.png

The ‘x's blog’ button could be removed on profile cards to save some space since the blog entry # button is also clickable.

upload_2020-1-1_17-44-40.png

The share icons on the bottoms of pages and the footer icons should be the same height to look neater.
upload_2020-1-1_17-46-17.png upload_2020-1-1_17-46-27.png

I think you should use the same icon for both the tab and thread icons for blogs.

upload_2020-1-1_17-47-23.png

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Prefixes when editing posts are still from previous theme on mobile

IMG_20200101_201908.jpg
IMG_20200101_201837.jpg

Release font color is not looking good with this background in Dark mode
IMG_20200101_201852.jpg

Last edited by masagrator,

DuoForce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best temp style so far. Really love the look of it and so far I haven't had any issues yet

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
The avatar editor has some light graphics.
Also, I don't know how possible this is on here, but I remember back when Twitter still had a compose tweet window, the scroll bar was inside it so the rounded corners cut the bar off too.

upload_2020-1-1_21-8-56.png

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Not in the mood to take 2 hours to list all my issues/annoyances with it, so here's some short ones...
upload_2020-1-1_22-13-18.png

Broken interface for drop-downs for me on Mozilla only. Then the fact that clicking on my profile icon/name takes me to the settings for some reason, aka that one page you will MAYBE visit once a month after you set up your profile instead of the page that you will almost definitely visit daily, so that's annoying when drop-downs don't work right to begin with! Just make clicking on name/icon take you straight to your profile like it used to... After that, I've gotten some graphical issues on some pages due to the width/height thingy of the new theme, new theme hogs memory like crazy for me so opening more than 8 or so tabs (like when catching up with 20+ alerts every couple hours I get) causes significant slowdowns for me and finally (for now) the theme customizer sometimes works, sometimes just doesn't!:/

You REALLY should just offer the option for people to stay on the old theme that worked just fine, if not permanently at least until these problems get worked out...

Last edited by ThoD,

fate6

Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if oversight or was removed for some reason but on the previous style i would go to the main portal and from there hover over say PS4 which would show its sub forums so i could go directly to a specific one, the new style doesn't do this so it has added a page load and another click to my usage.

Would be nice to have drop downs or menus on hover back to navigate directly to specific sub forums again.

Reactions: Quantumcat and Pk11

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
In at least macOS & Windows Firefox when changing the theme the navigation bar uses "Light Font Color", but on reloading or changing to another page it switches to using white for the text, only using that color for the search icon.
upload_2020-1-1_18-15-42.png

JaNDeRPeiCH

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
noob question....gbatemp have a native dark theme? i dont want to use a extension.

Thanks and waiting for the reply

Edit:Nevermind.I dound how to change the color layout.I was search in my preferences account but doesnt have any obtain to enable.

The only way to activate it its scroll down to the homepage menu of gbatemp xD

Last edited by JaNDeRPeiCH,

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
It seems to be randomly swapping my "Primary Color" and "Dimmed Font Color" occasionally when loading pages, this always fixes itself after a reload and seems to trigger randomly. (#BA93A0 is my "Dimmed Font Color").
upload_2020-1-1_18-31-21.png

Reactions: notimp

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Awesome theme guys. I like this update a lot!
Here is a bug I found. I don't know how to explain it, but the read sections, usually in white, are shown normally here:
upload_2020-1-2_4-49-17.png

But when I move my cursor close to one of them only (effectively highlighting that row), it highlights both rows like this:
upload_2020-1-2_4-51-13.png

I hope this is a clear enough :)

Also, not exactly a bug, but probably some optimization needed:
Moving from one page to the next is a bit laggy. It takes 2-3 seconds to load what seems to be the selections chosen for a certain theme.

Edit:
Also, is it normal for it to save per device? I made the changes on my PC, and it seems those changes only affect my PC. I opened gbatemp on my ipad and its the default style

Last edited by Madridi,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Not in the mood to take 2 hours to list all my issues/annoyances with it, so here's some short ones...
View attachment 191992
Broken interface for drop-downs for me on Mozilla only. Then the fact that clicking on my profile icon/name takes me to the settings for some reason, aka that one page you will MAYBE visit once a month after you set up your profile instead of the page that you will almost definitely visit daily, so that's annoying when drop-downs don't work right to begin with! Just make clicking on name/icon take you straight to your profile like it used to... After that, I've gotten some graphical issues on some pages due to the width/height thingy of the new theme, new theme hogs memory like crazy for me so opening more than 8 or so tabs (like when catching up with 20+ alerts every couple hours I get) causes significant slowdowns for me and finally (for now) the theme customizer sometimes works, sometimes just doesn't!:/

You REALLY should just offer the option for people to stay on the old theme that worked just fine, if not permanently at least until these problems get worked out...
Try clearing cache and reloading by pressing ctrl-f5

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm experiencing an issue with v3.

Whenever I switch over to another theme, like Just Black or so, it lasts for a while, but if I come back to the page after a while, it defaults again to the Default theme, so I have to constantly set the other theme each time I reenter the site.

I have replicated the issue in both a WiiU and on Android through Firefox.

(Unless I missed an option to always start with a set theme)

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Try clearing cache and reloading by pressing ctrl-f5
I clear my cache almost daily, that's not the issue... Also, seriously now, when up until last week we could pick any older theme to use instead of style 2, why was the option removed forcing everyone to use 3?

IncredulousP

GBAtemp's Resident Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You REALLY should just offer the option for people to stay on the old theme that worked just fine,
This please. I know you spent a lot of hard work creating a beautiful new product for the community, and for that I am grateful. Not a lot of communities are run with such care. However, I don't agree with forcing a new style on the entire community, especially when some don't like it, can't use it, or whatever reason. tempStyle 2 worked just fine, I prefer it for more than purely subjective aesthetic reasons (though I do prefer it aesthetically as well). I see no reason not to add it as an option. In fact, I see no reason to have updated it at all, let alone a forced update for everyone.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello GBAtemp Team.:)

I am sorry if this is already known:

When I change the Style to Custom and choose my Colors:

Ohne Titel-1.jpg Ohne Titel-2.jpg Ohne Titel-3.jpg

All is good,since I STAY in the same Window and click on Links.

But when I open a new TAB or Window or close/open the Browser and Log In:

Ohne Titel-5.jpg

What I have done for sure:

- cleared the Cache

Ohne Titel-4.jpg

- and of course SAVED the Style Changes.

I use Windows 7 Pro 32bit SP1 with all Updates/Fixes until today

Ohne T999itel-1.jpg

and Firefox v71.0 32bit.

Oh666ne Titel-1.jpg

I really try to like the new Style and I really like to use the Custom Option.:)

Do you have any Suggestions for me please (except using Windows 10 or Linux please...) ?
Thank you.:)

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@alexander1970 do you have any settings turned on to clear session cache/cookies when you exit/close the browser? Do you have cookies set to expire on session end rather than until the cookies themselves are set to expire?

I'm aware of all the issues related to the custom styling of TS3 and am looking into alternative solutions.

Reactions: Alexander1970
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ughh the C64 version looks almost as bad lol