33056395.jpg

96204836.jpg

90242324.jpg

27193681.jpg

10840860.jpg

48659454.jpg

66532275.jpg

64713105.jpg

Originally...I was actually intending to make a video and sort of didn't have my identification card thing on-screen for most of it (I gave up on editing the video because I ended up having to swap cameras back and forth since the batteries on both cameras ended up dying eventually and sorting through them is...well not exactly the greatest thing in the world), but fortunately, there happened to be one decent shot of the card next to the cake mix and of course, I remembered to put it there at the end too :/.
The sides also have the volume, power, etc....because it made me feel cooler having them there.

Reactions: 3 people

naruses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I were to judge this contest,

I would have a 1st place tie between MegaAce and Eerpow entries

In 2nd place I would have tisdadd entry.

And in 3rd place, Prectorian's entry.

Good Luck, to you all.

PS: There were also some other great ones ;)

dansky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
ok, it's time for my entry as well ;) my old DS is nearly broken so it's high time to get a new one, especially, that I'm a poor, hungry student and can't afford one on my own ;) maybe it's not as perfect as Eerpow's cake but it cost me much time to make (time that I should have spent learning for tomorrow's exam ;o)

let me introduce you to Sir GbaTemp the 1st
img5145n.jpg

img5146r.jpg

img5150c.jpg

img5152k.jpg

img5160w.jpg

img5162t.jpg

img5166ix.jpg
it's fully made out of gingerbread (honey-cake or however you call it in english ;d). I painted it with the frosting (to which I added various stuff to change it's color) and chocolate so everything is fully eatable! And believe me, it smells really really nice ;D
Merry Tempmas!

Reactions: 2 people

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow this is intense, I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight :lol: .
I just thought I'd let you know that if I would win the 3DS, I would get the flame red one and sell my old blue one to a friend in order to be able to buy some 3DS games, we've got some economical problems at home, mainly because of my dads "problems", (I don't want to go into details here, it's a sensitive subject).
Anyway it would be really awesome since my friend can't afford a 3DS because of the steep price point here, It almost costs much as a UK one but before the price cut.
I had to sell nearly all my GBA games to afford mine though the funny thing is that many of the games I sold I got back through the ambassador thing.
Who would have guessed, huh?

:)

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I bought mine from the UK and that the main reason was because I needed to upgrade from my original DS phat.
Oh and I haven't used my 3DS much because of school and such, so it's in perfect condition.
BTW my friends DS lite suffers from the infamous hinge problem, if it weren't for the crystal case I got him, it would be in two halves by now.
There's actually 2 stripes of dead pixels on the top screen already, I've fixed DS's before so we'll probably replace both the screen and the case someday.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Wow this is intense, I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight :lol: .
I just thought I'd let you know that if I would win the 3DS, I would get the flame red one and sell my old blue one to a friend in order to be able to buy some 3DS games, we've got some economical problems at home, mainly because of my dads "problems", (I don't want to go into details here, it's a sensitive subject).
Anyway it would be really awesome since my friend can't afford a 3DS because of the steep price point here, It almost costs much as a UK one but before the price cut.
I had to sell nearly all my GBA games to afford mine though the funny thing is that many of the games I sold I got back through the ambassador thing.
Who would have guessed, huh?

:)
You better win with that Smurf-ish GBAtemp cake.

dansky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
We should have known someone with such great skills as Eerpow would show up ;)
ehhhh, shame, no matter how hard I'd have to work I would never do such a great thing ;)

Rico007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
With my studies and knowledge in pastries and culinary arts, I know I stand a chance, but I just dont have the time!!! WAAAAHHHH!!!!

But definitely, let's do this again!

StellarKei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, everyone's entries look great. :)

Oh, and I thought I'd add-

In my entry I'd have better pics, but all I had to use a cell phone (my camera doesn't work anymore D:). It's a snow scene (powdered sugar snow, marshmallow snowballs), the GBATemp mascot in a santa suit and santa hat (hat got cut out in the pic, I can provide more pics if needed :D ) and he has a marshmallow Santa beard, a fully decorated Christmas tree, and a Nintendo DS :D, all made from fondant. Icing was used on the tree and around the edges, GBATemp mascot is holding a real candy cane, and there's a candy cane on the ground too :D The cake was wrapped in fondant too, and fondant was used to make the letters. My last card that says my forum name is different because the first one got destroyed by food coloring XD

Anyway, good luck to everyone!! Merry Tempmas~ :lol:

JonnyPoots

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good luck all! Man, I sure wish I could have participated in this one. Sigh, no time. I'll have to save my gbatempura for the next culinary contest ( ^o^)♪♪♪

Reactions: 1 person

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So, it's a total of 28 entries (this time I'm good ;) ).

Thank you to all participants.
The winners will be announced on the portal.

I made a pack with all entries so you don't have to go back to all the thread to see them (some of them could even become offline due to exceeding bandwidth with Photobucket)

Grab the pack here : Tempmas 2011 - Baking entries (10MB)

StellarKei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I left out Tempmas 2011 on the paper in a rush D: Oh no, I hope my effort doesn't suffer for that ;_; I didn't know if that was a requirement or not, or if it just proves I made it because I did put my name on the paper as well as progress pics XD

Bobbyloujo

I am a millipede, I am amazing.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I left out Tempmas 2011 on the paper in a rush D: Oh no, I hope my effort doesn't suffer for that ;_; I didn't know if that was a requirement or not, or if it just proves I made it because I did put my name on the paper as well as progress pics XD
I doubt it really matters dude :P Actually, your entry is in the .zip with all the other entries so don't fret.

Mehhhhhhhhh I already have a 3DS anyway... I really just want that mug...

StellarKei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt it really matters dude :P Actually, your entry is in the .zip with all the other entries so don't fret.

Mehhhhhhhhh I already have a 3DS anyway... I really just want that mug...
Oh, okay, phew xD

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is the time up? if it is maybe this topic should be closed? or am i thinking my time zone is wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2