Status
Not open for further replies.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's my entry. I made a bunch of sugar cookies, and they make Tempy all together.
Full album: http://gbatemp.net/g...tempmas-week-3/
gallery_284081_658_72305.jpg
My little sister got in the picture. Meh

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
In my honest opinion, if I were to vote in this contest all my votes would go for MegaAce and Sinbatsu, nothing to take away from other entries too I can't make anything half as good as you guys did, I applaud everyones effort but in my opinion Sinbatsu and MegaAce had the perfect GBAtemp dish...I could be wrong but atleast for me they're the winners. Unable to pick 3rd place...rest all are neck to neck.

On a side note, I thought this weeks contest would be a major flop (sorry for saying that but I just felt that way), I'm actually surprised people are taking their time in cooking/baking for GBAtemp, what a great community going on here :yay: Thanks for making this week a success guys!!

EDIT:- I think I've my 3 winners...The 3rd is the post below me (Eerpow). I'm not gonna position them, just gonna count them as the 3 winners lol.

Reactions: 1 person

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Well here it is, I call it the Tempy Tempmas Cake!

It took me quite some time to make, hope you like it.

QhTz6h.jpg

He's made out of homemade marzipan(almost like almond paste). It's a tradition to make marzipan figures around Christmas here actually.
The cake is covered with coconut flakes and a vanilla flavored whip cream like substance(tastes better than whip cream imho), it's called vanilj visp here if anyone's interested.

YZ01nh.jpg

gD3N7h.jpg

wDieJh.jpg

OK, so here's the process.
Here are the almonds, the key component of marzipan.
iXe16h.jpg

Boiling them so that the skin will be easier to peel off.
Z7ZX2h.jpg

Ready to blend with egg whites, sugar, powder sugar, food coloring and some water.
3H9IYh.jpg

This is what the paste looks like when half done.
It's really tedious since you never end up with good marzipan from the beginning (that and it's my first time making marzipan), this batch needed more egg and water.
mappnh.jpg

This is what you do when you don't have the right food coloring at home.
Chocolate mixed with coffee for brown. (Tempy's shoes are delicious)
AiiKmh.jpg

I haven't seen black food coloring in the store before.
so I improvised a little by going out and getting some liquorice sprinkles which I later mixed with water.
And little did I know that it would actually work really well.
XqS9mh.jpg

Here we have my first attempt at making something with the marzipan.
Didn't go quite as planned though since every vertical standing figurine I started out with were slowly collapsing (gravity... oh you!... :angry:).
My marzipan was too soft, it was like trying to mold something made out of chewing gum.
z4PEAh.jpg

Anyway, I managed to work around those limitations and came up with a design that actually looked better.
It was getting to late and I didn't want to wake up my little brother or any sleeping neighbors for that matter, so I put this little fellow in the fridge over night.

It's alive!!
RQ99Dh.jpg

After a long night's sleep I was ready for some baking.

So here we got eggs, flour, sugar, baking powder, etc.
(I was going to use chocolate but I figured that it wouldn't go well with the rest of the ingredients, though I did slip in a forth of a tablespoon by mistake,.)
SrAdRh.jpg

Meltin' dat butter phat.
D8k1Ph.jpg

Mixing in some milk along with the butter I melted...
5Ez1wh.jpg

It's ready to hit the oven, 170° C for 35 minutes more or less.
KVDCUh.jpg

Fancy.
cNx2dh.jpg

Cut it in half and fill it with some good stuff.

That bottle to the right is rum essence, I think it really gives the cake a distinct flavor,
and you've got to put it in the fridge a couple of hours so it really penetrates the bread.

And no, the cake it isn't placed directly on top of the the sink.
Wj0jXh.jpg

Here we have the bottom half again, thought this time covered with some raspberry jam.
I8R5Qh.jpg

Here it is, covered with "vanilla whip cream" and coconut flakes.
And decorated with jelly text and candy canes I broke in half.

r1eBRh.jpg

I made a better Tempmas sign the next day.
Nf82gh.jpg

Hopefully this shows how much I appreciate the site and all it's members. Thank you everyone!

You see, I rarely post here but the 'temp is still my #1 visited Internet forum/gaming site and
maybe this is just nostalgia kicking in, but for me, no other gaming site will be able to replace GBAtemp, that's just how it is.

This year has been a great one, but I have no doubts that next year will be even better.
Merry Tempmas!!

Oh and by the way, someone needs come up with a way of tasting things through the Internet, that would be really awesome for competitions like this.

Here's the album:http://imgur.com/a/ev81S#0

I will try to upload some of the pictures to the GBAtemp gallery soon.

Reactions: 16 people

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you!

Holy Moley, Costello pressed the like button. :blink:
Is there anything I can do with the size of the pictures in the second spoiler?
Just fixed it.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I used to participate to baking contests, then I took an arrow in the knee... Or Eerpow cake in the face :)

qaz2918094

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I've been a lurker in this site for a long time. But this time, I've decided to post. ^^;

I dunno if I'd still win after seeing Eerpow's entry... >___>

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
holy smokes Eerpow Entry's is Viewful piece of work. way to go!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end