Webcomic Temper Tantrums #38 - Stadia?

Discussion in 'Temper Tantrums - The GBAtemp Webcomic' started by WhiteMaze, May 2, 2019.

Front-page Webcomic
    Discussion (70 replies)
  1. Minox

Minox Thanks for the fish

Former Staff
    Aug 27, 2007
    Japan
    I don't get it.

2. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 20, 2010
    Serbia, Republic of
    He died already? Slowest koopa in history

3. temper999

temper999 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 22, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Isn't it a Gomba?

4. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 20, 2010
    Serbia, Republic of
    prolly

WhiteMaze likes this.
  5. Essometer

Essometer Needs data

Oct 22, 2010
    Germany
    Bielefeld
    Lag in game streaming services.

6. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Oooh...I see what you did, there! You are deliberately not saying "this is so slow", by making a statement that reflects this very notion. As such, you are not being slow...you are actually living up to the intended pun of the cartoon! That's awesome! B-)

...unless you really don't get it, obviously. In that case, please ignore my statement. :blush:

7. Pipistrele

Pipistrele Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2019
    Russia
    Reminds me of the stuff I used to read as a teenager in the 2000s

StrayGuitarist and WhiteMaze like this.
  8. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    Wow.

9. migles

migles All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    China
    Earth-chan
    if only the internet was filled with such high IQ replies like this... (it would be a better place) but as i am not very smart i am gonna just say minox is a troll

damn, i really enjoy theese comics

10. RedoLane

RedoLane GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 16, 2016
    Israel
    Thank you science side of GBAtemp.

JavaScribe likes this.
  11. Justinde75

Justinde75 Capsule Co's VGM Addict

GBAtemp Patron
    Justinde75 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 14, 2016
    Germany
    West City
    missed opportunity to make the skeleton dry bones, pretty good though!

12. robingilh

robingilh GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2009
    France
    not far from a computer
    I don't get it, I'm using Shadow daily and I don't feel any latency. There are so many misinformations on game streaming...

13. AlexMCS

AlexMCS Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2018
    Brazil
    Your anecdotal experience does not reflect the state of the service as a whole.

14. Justinde75

Justinde75 Capsule Co's VGM Addict

GBAtemp Patron
    Justinde75 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 14, 2016
    Germany
    West City
    Comics usually exaggerate

JavaScribe, Subtle Demise and Xzi like this.
  15. Costello

Costello Headmaster

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    seeing as you are almost as slow as the Stadia on 56k maybe you'll get it next century :D

16. Techjunky90

Techjunky90 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    Actually, there's a lot of correct information. Let me give you some reasons as to why game streaming will never be more than a proof of concept. Millions of American citizens do not have access to internet capable of 25mbps. Internet infrastructure would have to be upgraded which would cost billions upon billions of dollars. Not to mention all the people in 3rd world countries that do not have access to high speed internet. Online multiplayer is a big selling point for some games, online multiplayer with game streaming can not happen due to difference in latency. Same goes for online multiplayer/coop between 2 people living in different countries. The only people that do not experience lag when it comes to game streaming is people that live next to servers. Does not matter if it's Sony, Microsoft, Apple, Google etc. game streaming will never be more than a proof of concept. Much like Microsoft releasing an Xbox 1 that can only play digital games, it's a proof of concept, digital will never take over physical copies.

17. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Feb 17, 2006
    Portugal
    3rd world countries sure as hell don't rank games very high in the priority list.

As for the others, line upgrades are not that expensive, and be sure that the consumer ends up paying for it.

And your denial is invalidated in a degree because of the online gaming world, that never ceases to increase. See the fighting games, for instance.

It will not be the only way to play games, sure, but it will serve to smaller games, like Candy Crush where reflexes are not that paramount. Or even turn based games, like Civilization. Chess games. Visual Novels. Hentai crap. Football Manager. Hell, man... Lots of games don't need twitch based reflexes. Card games! Roguelikes!

Yeah... Whatever. Don't mind me. I just posted to say that the comic is a bit meh. Also, I don't see Mario being in Stadia.

Last edited by eyeliner, May 2, 2019 - Reason: Spelling error
  18. Memoir

Memoir Just a Memory

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Somewhere, over there!
    Unless you're used to playing at 50+ms of input latency? I'm calling BS. Tried every available form of game streaming, there is ALWAYS latency.

19. Techjunky90
    This message by Techjunky90 has been removed from public view by DinohScene, May 2, 2019, Reason: Not the political section.
    May 2, 2019
  20. MythicalData

MythicalData GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 11, 2017
    United States
    I use shadow and the latency isn't even noticeable if existent at all. That's just my experience though. I also have a pretty decent internet (even though it's the standard package from my isp). I did however feel like, at first, that there was lag, but for whatever reason reupdating all the drivers seemed to fix that for me (I had the quadro p5000 though not the 1080 though)
    edit: also whenever someone on my network downloads something on steam I lag. It isn't affected by other download services though so I'm not sure what's up with that

Last edited by MythicalData, May 2, 2019
    StrayGuitarist likes this.