Temp Debates #9

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 8,358
  • Replies 102

Evolution or creation: how did human beings come about?

• By posting my point, I say we were created.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • By posting my point, I'd say we evolved.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I believe that we evolved from lesser species not created by some unknown force. Evolution happened because it happened, if it hadn't happened, there would be no god to believe in therefore no god. I mean how did people find out about god, without evolution, there would be no-one to spread the belief of god, therefore there theroyitcally would be no god

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
injected11 said:
Terminator02 said:
injected11 said:
Terminator02 said:
injected11 said:
Show me God.
so your "proven" "facts" are based on belief? just like God?
No, experience, observation, science and logical extrapolation. Unlike God.
so you logically infer from observing that humans came from apes because they have similar features
You really like trying to put crazy words in people's mouths, don't you. Stop making crazy leaps and pretending others believe that. I've taken science and biology classes and done personal research into studies done on evolution. I have at least a vague understanding of how evolution works and why it happens, and seen evidence provided by science. That's why I believe these crazy things.

I sure don't believe some almighty being waved his hands (or whatever an omnipotent being would wave) and wished everything into existence.
And I sure don't believe that one species of animals turns into another.

Frogman

This could be you!
Trophies
Website
www.frogmanreviews.com
XP
Country
I am not too sure in evolution people were %100 sure the earth was flat but then somebody discovered that is wasnt.
sure we may be (our DNA) what like %95 percent the same as a monkey but that other five percent is from hundreds of other animals do you know (apparently) we are also some percentage snail idk it all seems like a very extreme theory but then so does the term of god an un seeable force that we have never seen or heard before. but then we could be saying that memories dont exist, sure we can see them in our head one person cant see anothers memory though we believe it is there.

The topic is How did Human Beings come about though there are only two choices in the poll we were created or we evolved what if it was none of the above what if it was toally different could the first human beings really been born out of a cabbage patch but that type of cabbage has now become extinct causing us to have to make our bodies use the last minute resort of labor and sex.

anyway from the above what im really tring to say it i dont really have an absolute view on what i believe, i believe that we are here now, thers been people befor us and there are going to be people after us we'll just have to see if a new race of supieror species come to life in the next few years that can really explaing what and how we were caused into existance because in the last however so many years we havnt really noticed anything else waling around we havnt recognised. maybe were just a freak of nature that will die out in the next thousand years or so.
i really dont know....

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Uncle FEFL said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
Ah, the variation in species just exists because certain 0ddities of nature were strong enough to survive and started multiplying themselves, thus creating a wide array of different creatures.
What came before that?
How did your 'almighty being' come into existence, then?

Theism is a load of bullshit, now you'll all just need to realise that.

@Theists: YOU'RE A BUNCH OF FUCKING IDIOTS.

RayJT9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have to question the stage of decay one's mind must be in when believing that a big man in the sky made everything is the most logical answer. Even though there's lots of actual evidence to the contrary.

It's like a jury in a court of law deciding to ignore all of the evidence in a trial, and instead choosing to believe a drunken homeless man with a mental disorder who wasn't even in the country when the crime occurred.

But... the existence of God has very little to do with the debate topic.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jet™ said:
I believe in creation. We are simply too perfect to have been evolved.

*quietly looks around at all the arguing, all the attacks, all the naked hatred, not only in this thread, but in the entire world...all the misunderstanding, cruelty, xenophobia, pompous assertions, and blatant lies...*

There's nothing even remotely 'perfect' about us.

BobTheJoeBob

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Vulpes Abnocto said:
jet™ said:

*quietly looks around at all the arguing, all the attacks, all the naked hatred, not only in this thread, but in the entire world...all the misunderstanding, cruelty, xenophobia, pompous assertions, and blatant lies...*

I don't think he literally meant 'perfect' but was referring to how our bodies and this world, work quite flawlessly and for it too all happen by luck is a little far fetched. Also, the reason there's so much arguing, wars, murder etc is because we were given free will by god. I doubt anyone here has never done something remotely bad.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lolzed said:
/me joins in discussion

Creation.
God created everything,laws,world,animal,man.
But that doesn't mean He is BOUND to that.
Like how Genesis says "In the beginning...",it doesn't mean that from God's first moment we were created,it just means when the world was created.
Let's take an example(which btw,isn't real,just an example):unstoppable object meets unmovable object
Unmovable would be God,but He is omnipotent,that means He can stop everything,or move anything.He can't create anything bigger than Him,so He is not bound to friction and such.

my 2 cents,I can't change your belief,but I'll defend my faith.

I agree with this completely.
I'll defend my faith, as well.
Humans aren't perfect, Jet, not one single bit. We could have evolved from animals and humanity proves that daily by acting like wild animals(Not that this is always a bad thing) but I believe we were created. I try my best to avoid wars like this, because they only kill the brain cells and anger people, that's why we avoid speaking of religion too much, to not disrespect the beliefs of another with our own. The beginning of the "Temp debates" was pleasant, but now, it's just huge issues that is best to be avoided out of respect and maturity, simply because we all know there will be people who aren't mature or respectful on sensitive subjects like this.

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
jet™ said:
Well... not really perfect because all men are sinners y'know since. But I think you mean that humans like us are too complex enough to come/evolve from apes who don't come close to the intelligence of man though I may agree with PG with the part that we have been much more cruel than animal predators
wtf.gif

QUOTE(Vulpes Abnocto @ Sep 11 2010, 06:33 PM) *quietly looks around at all the arguing, all the attacks, all the naked hatred, not only in this thread, but in the entire world...all the misunderstanding, cruelty, xenophobia, pompous assertions, and blatant lies...*

As humans only, we are bound to hate since we are not physically and emotionally perfect and because as a Believer, Satan, is much more dominative on earth as he is referred to the fallen angel.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
BobTheJoeBob said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
*post removed
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say tat you believe in god but also believe in evolution.
Now tell me, how did you come to that conclusion?

PS: for people that didn't get the chance to read my post, here's a summary: I strongly 'believe' there is no 'almighty being'.

BobTheJoeBob

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Overlord Nadrian said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
*post removed
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say tat you believe in god but also believe in evolution.

PS: for people that didn't get the chance to read my post, here's a summary: I strongly 'believe' there is no 'almighty being'.
Because in your post you said: "@theist your all fucking idiots", in relatively large font.

Frogman

This could be you!
Trophies
Website
www.frogmanreviews.com
XP
Country
Overlord Nadrian said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
*post removed

was much or any of your post directed at me?

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
BobTheJoeBob said:
Because in your post you said: "@theist your all fucking idiots", in relatively large font.Yeah, that's why I asked why you came to the conclusion that I believe in a higher being. So you still haven't answered that question.

QUOTE(Coreyfrog7 @ Sep 11 2010, 01:34 PM) was much or any of your post directed at me?
No.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Everybody, take a fucking chill pill.
Think about it. You guys are too close-minded. Learn to accept what others believe instead of calling theists or atheists idiots.​

0ddity

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Human beings are not even close to perfect (physically.) We are a veritable chalkboard of hit and miss trial and error. We have birth defects, because of mis-copied or mutated genes, our eyes often fail us (how many of you wear glasses) our hearing often fails, before modern medical science, the average lifespan and infant mortality rates were atrocious, we have vestigial features, and on and on.

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
0ddity said:
Human beings are not even close to perfect (physically.) We are a veritable chalkboard of hit and miss trial and error. We have birth defects, because of mis-copied or mutated genes, our eyes often fail us (how many of you wear glasses) our hearing often fails, before modern medical science, the average lifespan and infant mortality rates were atrocious, we have vestigial features, and on and on.
What you're talking about is the health condition. What I mean is how our body was made, those conditions you said are caused by bad health, pollution, and the world slowly degenerating.

0ddity

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Infinite Zero said:
0ddity said:
What you're talking about is the health condition. What I mean is how our body was made, those conditions you said are caused by bad health, pollution, and the world slowly degenerating.

Ok...

Do you know how the human body is made? It isn't a perfect process. And no, bad eyesight/hearing is not caused by "bad health/pollution/world degeneration" whatever that means. Vestigial features, I notice you ignored.

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Infinite Zero said:
0ddity said:

If humans were perfect there wouldn't be bad health.

QUOTE(lolzed @ Sep 10 2010, 09:30 PM)
/me joins in discussion

Creation.
God created everything,laws,world,animal,man.
But that doesn't mean He is BOUND to that.
Like how Genesis says "In the beginning...",it doesn't mean that from God's first moment we were created,it just means when the world was created.
Let's take an example(which btw,isn't real,just an example):unstoppable object meets unmovable object
Unmovable would be God,but He is omnipotent,that means He can stop everything,or move anything.He can't create anything bigger than Him,so He is not bound to friction and such.

my 2 cents,I can't change your belief,but I'll defend my faith.
This isn't so much an argument as it is an unfalsifiable assertion.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
lolzed said:

Those two objects couldn't exist in the same universe. If you had an unmovable object then you couldn't have an unstoppable one and vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto