Homebrew Tekken DS Project (Recruiting Coders)

LeomelsonBato

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Opening movie? Are you aware its very hard (impossible) to play videos in nds homebrew? Or it will have such a bad framerate youd d drop the idea, ensure you do know nds limitations before doing unnecessary work.
Good luck though

ok the opening is not a video its a kind of a Slide Show....but when playing it...its look like a video...

did you make any homebrew before, you can't break the ds HB barrier , especially with no experience

yup i make one...a Super Mario typed game

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
did you make any homebrew before, you can't break the ds HB barrier , especially with no experience
What's a DS Homebrew Barrier and does it taste good with garlic sauce?

I've seen Tekken on the GBA, I can't see why it would be undoable on the DS.

Opening movie? Are you aware its very hard (impossible) to play videos in nds homebrew? Or it will have such a bad framerate youd d drop the idea, ensure you do know nds limitations before doing unnecessary work.
Good luck though
ViDSnips. Among others.

Implying DS Game Maker can make anything better than nothing.
It can, especially with the addition of some of my Nitro access libraries thanks to which you can easily stream content from FAT/Nitro to RAM.

no offense, but your project is doomed...first learn how to program in basic, than go to python/Java and later to C++. After you have experience in it, you can try to make a game...
Skip the first two and learn C, then start reading up on C++.

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

was it a gba homebrew?
it's not impossible but needs experience and effort if you want it to be decent, another way of doing it is maybe doing it on DOS and using the ds emulator for it

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

was it a gba homebrew?
it's not impossible but needs experience and effort if you want it to be decent, another way of doing it is maybe doing it on DOS and using the ds emulator for it
It was a commercial game, still, it was very much real.

Why would you want to make a DS game via a DOS emulator? You'd only cut yourself away from valuable CPU resources, losing them on x86 emulation.

Ace Overclocked

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

was it a gba homebrew?
It was a commercial game, still, it was very much real.

Why would you want to make a DS game via a DOS emulator? You'd only cut yourself away from valuable CPU resources, losing them on x86 emulation.
i said maybe
ds homebrew is more limited than a commercial gba game, it is feasible but not that easy, you need experience, he clearly doesn't have much of it...

Ace Overclocked

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ds homebrew is more limited than a commercial gba game.
Say no more.

It's not.
i challenge anybody to make a ds homebrew like a full retail game like pokemon, golden sun, or kingdom hearts, although ds homebrew can exeed gba games graphically, most of those are shorter that gba games (alien ds for example)

LeomelsonBato

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Say no more.

It's not.
i challenge anybody to make a ds homebrew like a full retail game like pokemon, golden sun, or kingdom hearts, although ds homebrew can exeed gba games graphically, most of those are shorter that gba games (alien ds for example)
That was not your point. Your point was "It's more limited" wheras the only limit you proved is the laziness of the creators. If a project is cancelled then it's cancelled, but not due to hardware limitations, mister.

Moreover, there's quite a bit of titles that are Homebrewed on the DS and could easily rival commercial games.

manuel1984

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
no offense, but your project is doomed...first learn how to program in basic, than go to python/Java and later to C++. After you have experience in it, you can try to make a game...
My god! Never tell someone to start programing in basic, he would try to use those go*o
plus basic is to basic to be a good thing to start with.
Python? Why not, but it may fear him with all those strict rules.
I d say the best is still to learn with some teaching language such as caml because you can easily understand how programming works.
Or just start with C.

Python is one of the greatest languages out there, or at least he could try Qt.
Qt is very good for beginners.
Anyway, i begun with BASIC and its never bad to learn the Basics for understanding the whole.
C? Well, you tell em you want it less complicated and in a better ordered way, so he should not use C but C++.

That means I'm coding god because I started with C by myself without BASIC and Python or (OMG) Java before? :P
Now You mention it I think I want some BASIC xD

Truth is that doing work with "Maker" programs is not coding at all and never be, I will never accept things as Game Maker or RPG Maker as CODING...NEVER

What you call Maker programs are things for Children(RPGmaker, Gamemaker), but I never sad that Engines like...I dont know uhm, for example CryEngine are bad. They are great and can be manipulated in different ways. To write Engines is today a loss of Time for many Companies, some still can do it, like Nintendo. But even Nintendo used for M64,Wave Race 64 and Pilotwings the same Engine.

Anyway, also this Gamemakers (not engines, Im talking about RPGmaker etc.) are very limited, but at least you can concentrate on your creativity.
I remember 96 I used such a Thing, I dont remember the name, maybe it was Game maker too in an early Stage to make some real Fun Games.

What I mean in the whole is that, saying the Name, making some cover art finding some sprits for the beginning is wrong!
Thats not how Games or Programs arfe made. its always like this big big talking at the end nothing..thats all.

Dann Woolf

Deadpan Snarker
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Say no more.

It's not.

do you mean like Pokemon Shiny Gold and Flora sky?

Those are ROM hacks, you dope. Not the same as homebrew. They had a basic ROM with everything already programmed in to start with.

Also, you remind me of some other dope who was trying to get people here to make a DS version of a game on another platform for him. Shub13, I think he called himself. Wanted Paper Mario on a handheld but wouldn't cough up the dough for a 3DS (more like his mommy wouldn't buy it for him, I'm thinking.)

Look, my point is, I know they say "if you can't go to the mountain, make the mountain come to you" (sorry if I got that wrong) but it doesn't really like that with video games. If you really can't get over your fanboyism to get a system that has a game you really want, well, you have to ask yourself if you really do want that game.

Don't beg people to port that game to the system you do have, it just makes you look like an entitled little shit.

Reactions: 1 person

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
ViDSnips. Among others.
Doesn't work well on all flashcart,also depends on your microsd speed
Oh c'mon - get an avi, slash the framerate to circa 20 fps, convert the frames into .jpg or something lightweigh, rip the music, convert to mp3, merge the file, display JPG's while the music's running, display jpg's frame by frame whenever the ammount of cycles finished is divisible by 3 (DS does 60 cycles per second, aprox.). It's really not rocket science if you know how to do it and provided your avi isn't all that big - it's doable.

Sure, it depends on the microSD speed class, but nowadays it's hard to stumble across an SD slow enough not to support a method like that. As far as flashcarts are concerned, anything lower then an AK2i or a Wood-Compatible R4 is junk anyways

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
hahaha i laugh at these posts. they have an idea, no idea how to code and looking for recruits. in the end no recruits, ends up not making the game, too lazy.
It's still a start. Some people get an idea, don't have any idea how to code, learn how to code and THEN get too lazy to finish. Like meeeee... :P

LeomelsonBato

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Updates:
I already Finished Putting Lei Wulongs Moves punch,and Kick but the Grab function is hard to Finish....But i will find solution on how to do this properly... my Friend is busy so i cant ask him on how to do this... :(

hahaha i laugh at these posts. they have an idea, no idea how to code and looking for recruits. in the end no recruits, ends up not making the game, too lazy.

yup you are right i have no recruits but at least i started the game.no one wants or available to help me so... i make it myself...

If some one wants to see how is my project is doing i will post some Sneak Peak on Sunday...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Updates:
I already Finished Putting Lei Wulongs Moves punch,and Kick but the Grab function is hard to Finish....But i will find solution on how to do this properly... my Friend is busy so i cant ask him on how to do this... :(
yup you are right i have no recruits but at least i started the game.no one wants or available to help me so... i make it myself...
If some one wants to see how is my project is doing i will post some Sneak Peak on Sunday...
You can PM me about code-related issues, I may be able to help you out however I can't be involved in the development full-time - too busy at university at the moment.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
C & ASM FTW! I don't know that much of ASM, but the language itself is quite fun (and scary when you just begun with it hehe)

LeomelsonBato

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Updates:
You can PM me about code-related issues, I may be able to help you out however I can't be involved in the development full-time - too busy at university at the moment.

Thanks for the help but i think i can handle this with this kind Codes its kind of confusing....but if i need extra help i think you can help.....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded