Hacking TegraRCM Not Responding. Can't Flash Atomsphere

micklepickles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm one of the ones who tried to update to 9.0 on SXOS 2.9b. After this fiasco, I'm kind of done with SXOS and want to just run atmosphere, which I will need to in order to salvage this switch. I'm trying to boot into Atmosphere 0.9.4 to finish the installation, but I can't seem to inject the payload. Every time I try to inject the payload, TegraRCMGUI just hangs. Just dragging payload.bin or fusee-primary.bin on to TegraRCMSmash doesn't help either. Can anyone help please? I'm trying to save my switch.

A couple more details: ChoiDujour crashed before flashing the firmware. I can still boot to the Nintendo logo with the SXPro dongle, but not past. I have AutoRCM enabled. I can get to the SXMenu through the dongle. I can uninstall AutoRCM through the SXMenu if necessary. TegraRCMGUI successfully detects when my Switch is on/off by telling me RCM device detected. I will of course be monitoring the thread if anyone needs more info. Please help me boot into atmosphere. Thank you so much in advance to anyone who helps.

micklepickles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Do you have a nand backup?
2. Can you boot into hekate?
1.I have one from like 7.0, but I don't remember if that's before I enabled AutoRCM. Is there a danger to using a backup if the fuses don't match?
2. I tried booting into hekate using TegraRCMGui but nothing happens. I think the program is crashing before it actually injects the payload.

PhyChris

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
first thing, restart your PC, take the SD card out of the switch and see if the PC will push any payload to your switch.

micklepickles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first thing, restart your PC, take the SD card out of the switch and see if the PC will push any payload to your switch.
I've tried that. With/without the SD card. Could AutoRCM be messing with pushing the payload? Sorry if I seem ignorant, I'm just used to SXOS handling it on its own

Budsixz

Gbatemp Gamemer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Autorcm doesn't mess with anything like that
I dont have any idea how sxmenu works but can you restore and backup your nand via that?

Budsixz

Gbatemp Gamemer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Yeah I can restore/backup NAND using it. However how bad would it be if the fuses don't match?
I have downgraded before and it's no biggie but you will need to KEEP AUTORCM ON else because of fuse mismatch you will go into bootloop or crash
But do note that I did all that with hekate and atmosphere

PhyChris

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Damn bro, sounded like a PC side thing. The unit when it is in RCM will not touch or even look for memory until a payload is loaded.

when payload loading hangs like that it sounds like a dirty/bad USB port/cable.
thats all i have.
people here are deadly at helping out, someone will come to the rescue.

micklepickles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've gotten Hekate to boot through the SXMenu payload injector. However, when I go to "Launch" it says "no main boot entries found..." despite having all the Atmosphere stuff on my SD card in the proper places. Where can I go from here?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've gotten Hekate to boot through the SXMenu payload injector. However, when I go to "Launch" it says "no main boot entries found..." despite having all the Atmosphere stuff on my SD card in the proper places. Where can I go from here?
did you copy the bootloader folder that hekate has to your switch SD?

Budsixz

Gbatemp Gamemer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Get the kosmos package and try that
Paste the whole package in the SD card
And buddy you do have both nand and boot0&1 backups right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SugoiEndeavor @ SugoiEndeavor: What's up bakaz