GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i have no idea why .
front jaws alright but bottom is eager to bite something .
it feels like something is growing and is pushing my teeth together in the front jaw .

honestly, it's a pain .
as much as i want to bite something, that won't do anything .
i don't have braces, but i should be getting em soon after i talk to my orthodontist .
i've been told by my dentist that my wisdom teeth are growing ,
and for me to get braces , means that i have to remove those wisdom teeth .

anyway, any ideas on what i should do about this?
i don't have time to go to my dentist/orthodontist since it's an hours drive from my house .
i really want to get braces ...
so i can straighten out my teeth and be able to smile without the thought of having crooked teeth :\
i just want to have a good smile by the end of grade 12 so when i graduate, it'll be a great year
biggrin.gif

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Crooked teeth are underestimated... picture perfect teeth are boring.
also, yeah, it sounds like it's your wisdom teeth growing right there, that biting urge and all.
Sucks if you got to remove em though... I have all my four without any issues... but it was hell when they grew, hurting the flesh (i forgot the name), and becoming swollen and shit...

smile.gif

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
huh, what do you mean by "crooked teeth are underestimated, picture perfect teeth are boring." that's the very first time i've ever heard someone say that .

ah it is true ... bottom jaw first ? hmm... i wanna bite so badly ...
but it does nothing . i have to get it removed , according to my orthodontist , because she said that if i don't remove them, the roots won't be straight and will mess up my teeth .

a few of my friends have done the procedure with no problem,
all were awake and i am hoping when the time comes, i will be able to stand up to the needle and not have to worry .

and flesh ... your gums ?

Tokyo Jihen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Braces are a pain
frown.gif
So hard to floss and your teeth are so sensitive to pain after an appointment; you pretty much have to stick with bite size stuff. Glad I'm getting them off in a couple months or so. It's already been two years.

And wisdom teeth I'll be getting in a couple years or so, I'm already in the age range (17 - 25).

Give the dentist a call at least if you can't get a check up.

Didu50

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Braces SUCK. I've had them for about 5 months now. And to be honest, the Tightenings aren't that bad. Its the first time. I couldn't even close my mouth, and brushing was a pain, and that lasted for a week. You basically have to live off Liquids during that period. But after a while you get used to them, but mine do occassionally scratch the shit out of my cheeks, or make me bite myself.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i know braces seem like a pain
ohnoes.png

orthodontist said that my teeth should only take 2 years max was it ...?
it may seem like a pain , which is true, but to me, in the end it'll be worth it .
oh yeah. .. i am scared of that ...

i heard that after getting braces, it's a pain to brush your teeth, floss and you'll be biting yourself ... a lot .
there was one of my friends who said that after you get the braces off, you should have little squares on each tooth if you never brushed properly
tongue.gif

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Don't get braces. I've never had them, but your teeth will usually automaticly grow into a good position. Only my front bottom teeth are a mess, the rest is all nice and straight (which is good, gives me a nice toothpaste-advert smile
biggrin.gif
)

Tokyo Jihen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
scrtmstr said:
Don't get braces. I've never had them, but your teeth will usually automaticly grow into a good position. Only my front bottom teeth are a mess, the rest is all nice and straight (which is good, gives me a nice toothpaste-advert smile
biggrin.gif
)
I don't think your teeth automatically do that if you still have crooked teeth as a teen, :/ I wish I was blessed with straight teeth.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
becat said:
I wish I was blessed with straight teeth.
sigh ... same here .
i am waiting for my parents to make a move ,
am expecting them to call, but since it's december, i will be visiting the dentist for my annual cleaning so we can talk then .

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had braces for 16 months now and I can eat anything I could before, actully the only time I had trouble eating was the first week and a half and first 2 tightings. I also still have all 4 wisdom teeth (growing-ish) so I'm pretty sure you orthodontist is feeding you bull or mine is just plain lazy. Oh and they barely feel like they're, there only on the rare occasion that they scratch your cheek do you remember them.

NoOneDies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd check if you really have to remove them. Do it ASAP or the pain will grow over time, I got mine removed few months ago, loads of anesthetic injections probably like 12 but that was the worse part, at the end I felt not pain at all, yes I was scared and shaked a lot at first.
And you won't be able to spit the next 48 hours and everything will taste to blood.

Tokyo Jihen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IchigoSJ said:
I've had braces for 16 months now and I can eat anything I could before, actully the only time I had trouble eating was the first week and a half and first 2 tightings. I also still have all 4 wisdom teeth (growing-ish) so I'm pretty sure you orthodontist is feeding you bull or mine is just plain lazy. Oh and they barely feel like they're, there only on the rare occasion that they scratch your cheek do you remember them.
Some people get it a lot worse. I had to wear headgear at night for the first 6 months(it's as uncomfortable as it sounds). Then rubber bands. Some people have to have their cleft plate expanded with I've heard is sort of painful. And don't you hate it when food like sandwich bread gets stuck between brackets? Annoys the hell out of me.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
becat said:
IchigoSJ said:
Some people get it a lot worse. I had to wear headgear at night for the first 6 months(it's as uncomfortable as it sounds). Then rubber bands. Some people have to have their cleft plate expanded with I've heard is sort of painful. And don't you hate it when food like sandwich bread gets stuck between brackets? Annoys the hell out of me.
Damn Looks like I'm lucky but yea it does annoy me but when I'm bored it give me something to do
nyanya.gif

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
headgear ... woah , that's sounds intense . i've heard of people using rubberbands though, heck, all my friends who had braces used rubberbands ... i think it was my cousin who had a headgear, imma go ask her the next time i see her xD .

my friends got wisdom teeth takin' out after braces . i haven't heard of people getting them before braces , but that's what my orthodontist said anyway . and if you haven't gotten yours pulled out, you either might have to take them out later or you're extremely lucky . the reason being to take them out is because their roots aren't straight and will eventually wreck the 2 years of having braces on . xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: @K3Nv2