Deleted member 49417

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So I brought my Wii over to a friend's house to play Brawl (the DVD9 version). However, I made a fatal mistake. I had a D2CKey just modded in my NTSC-U Wii, and didn't know it couldn't play. I brought the DVD5 version just in case

I hooked it up, and put the DVD9 version in, but my friends put the Wii on sideways, not vertical on the stand. I had always used vertical and found that some disks I tried couldn't be read in sideway mode. I put it in, the DVD9 loaded, and I pressed start. There was a disk error, so I tried the DVD5 version, which worked the last day.

However, it also couldn't read. I tried originals, putting it vertically, and tried booting straight from the power (turning it off, putting disk in). Nothing works. So have I messed up my Wii? Or is the chip loose or something?

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I doubt you have bricked your wii just by turning it on its side, that is nonsense. The chip is most definitely loose, although that doesn't explain why commercial DVDs couldn't be read. Just open it up really quick and check each solder point and maybe add a drop of solder on each connection to be sure.

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
You can hear it.

Put in a backup of a game. Watch how it goes. If it begins to spin REALLY fast then the chip is working. If it doesn't spin up the chip isn't working
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol