Gaming Tearaway releases this month.

Kazekai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is there not a Tearaway thread here? Am I the only one excited for it? It was one of the games I bought the system for.

Eyesenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
no its cause its the exact reason that the ps vita aint selling its another "artistic"game we need real games with actuall effort put into them

Kazekai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no its cause its the exact reason that the ps vita aint selling its another "artistic"game we need real games with actuall effort put into them

oh I think I understand now...

3D platformers are something even indies steer clear of most of the time so anything even remotely like them is a seller for me. It's my second-favorite genre especially if the focus is collecting.

Also, I happen to like a lot of games that people think aren't "real games" and they are perfectly welcome in the gaming industry. :P

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh I think I understand now...

3D platformers are something even indies steer clear of most of the time so anything even remotely like them is a seller for me. It's my second-favorite genre especially if the focus is collecting.

Also, I happen to like a lot of games that people think aren't "real games" and they are perfectly welcome in the gaming industry. :P
Don't listen to that guy spouting crap.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I found LBP dreadfully boring, so i've never heard of or seen this title.
Looking up a vid now and it looks cute, but I really don't like touchscreen focused games so i'll probably give it a pass till I can find it cheap. A little too easy for my tastes.

Kazekai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't listen to that guy spouting crap.

Over the years I've listened to many similar opinions, I've come to understand that a lot of gamers are made uncomfortable by games which do not present much challenge or are more concerned with presentation even if I do not accept it. I don't know why, but it seems like a lot of them share the opinion that it threatens them in some way, and current trends in the indie scene and overall industry lead me to believe there will always be a developer wanting to make really hard games and there will always be a market for it.

Well I found LBP dreadfully boring, so i've never heard of or seen this title.
Looking up a vid now and it looks cute, but I really don't like touchscreen focused games so i'll probably give it a pass till I can find it cheap. A little too easy for my tastes.

I used to not care at all for touchscreen games even though I owned a DS for a very long time until my first tablet device when I discovered some types of games work really well in tha format, so for me at least, it depends on context.

I guess LBP would be really boring to people not interested in building levels or making things since the story mode is basically just there to appease Sony reps that didn't think it would sell without one.

My copy of the game skipped today and is slated for delivery sometime before 8PM (It's after 12AM where I live), and given there is a method of uploading screenshots from inside the game, I cannot wait to share my feelings on it.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know SCEA hates the Vita but why do they have to release their digital games so late?!
I gotta go in a few hours...I was really hoping to play this...

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally got the game and boy is it amazing.
Gonna play later.
proxy.jpg

Kazekai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got my copy yesterday and have been totally absorbed in it. I don't like the paper cutting mechanic because it's so, I dunno, realistic? I'm used to digital art programs that have nice features like pinpoint accuracy and undo buttons. Normally I love making things in games but cutting shapes feels like a huge drag because of how often I need to erase everything for one little mistake and how often it doesn't register I cut something out fully. >_>

But eh, I don't like papercraft IRL anyway. Means I'll miss out on one of the game's features which is getting papercraft you can print out but I honestly can't say I'm that disappointed, I mean, glue and scissors are the bane of my existence, I'll stick with origami - relatively mess-free.

Otherwise I love how much this game reminds me of 5th generation 3D platformers. It isn't entirely similar to those but it's nice that a lot of the positive things (Collecting, exploring a fairly expansive 3D space) aren't lost to everyone.

Mild spoiler: When the pumpkin asked me for a roar, I just made a fart noise. Not only because the game reminds me of my numerous insecurities about my appearance, voice, and everything else I hate about myself (which is everything) but because then I get the pleasure of watching everyone else in the living room try and figure out who cut the cheese. (That's how mature I am. :V)

Reactions: GameWinner

Kazekai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
amazon has it for $30 now
I think you can price adjust if you bought it within the last week

I got mine through pre-order, wonder if it'll work for me.

I 100%ed it and platinumed it last night. I heard complaints about it being short and for its price it did feel a little cut off but I haven't played a 3D platformer with collecting focus in a long time and that scratched the itch really well.

Some of the trophies are weird though, specifically Lunch Break and Between the Pages which you have to keep walking into the desert to achieve instead of it being given to you after entering.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.