Hacking Discussion Team Xecuter Websites Down.

What do you think happened most likely?

• Nintendo DMCA'd them.

• TX took the money and ran .

• TX was loosing money because of ATMOS so they couldn't afford to pay their bills.

• Standard TX hate comment.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

K3R0Z1N

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried looking a few pages in and a pages back but didn't see anyone post this, (granted i didn't try that hard but figured it might shed some light) but Nintendo did file a DMCA on SX threw google, I have a link to it but can't post on this new account (forgot my other account info)
It's probably the same one that was posted previously, it's not aimed directly at TX, but the resellers lol.

Reactions: TieMonkey

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tried looking a few pages in and a pages back but didn't see anyone post this, (granted i didn't try that hard but figured it might shed some light) but Nintendo did file a DMCA on SX threw google, I have a link to it but can't post on this new account (forgot my other account info)
Gtfo with that crap, that was posted a hundred fuckton times already and if you made the minimum effort of even looking at it, you would instantly see that it's a dmca at Google for linking to resellers and has zero to do with TX pages itself

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The dot com was taken like what happens a million times a day to torrent sites and the such.

I did happen to find something in the lumen database that i think is relevant and might clear this all up. Let me find the link.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The dot com was taken like what happens a million times a day to torrent sites and the such.

I did happen to find something in the lumen database that i think is relevant and might clear this all up. Let me find the link.
Please do not post this irrelevant link that was posted a fuck zillion times already

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Stop posting lumen dmca takedowns they have zero to do with tx

TieMonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Gtfo with that crap, that was posted a hundred fuckton times already and if you made the minimum effort of even looking at it, you would instantly see that it's a dmca at Google for linking to resellers and has zero to do with TX pages itself
like i said in my post I didn't make much effort into searching and I apologize for that. But thank you for the info on it being for the resellers.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please do not post this irrelevant link that was posted a fuck zillion times already

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Stop posting lumen dmca takedowns they have zero to do with tx
How would you even know what I'm referring to? I skimmed through the thread and saw no one mention it and the clear as a bell whistle that for sure puts this all in perspective

CrappyOpa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to note, that's only possible if they have a legal warrant, pretty sure that WHOIS Guard is a legal requirement nowadays, at least in the EU (which makes it extend to all registrars,)

Be easy that for Nintendo of America being realistic how long does anyone think any new domain is going to last as now they have begun actions everything is fish in a barrel to their legal team. Gary Bowser better have his big book of excuses (lies) ready. Check the DMCA site you can see a real spike of reports from Nintendo of America towards google for links to TX OS shill ware beginning start of this year.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be easy that for Nintendo of America being realistic how long does anyone think any new domain is going to last as now they have begun actions everything is fish in a barrel to their legal team. Gary Bowser better have his big book of excuses (lies) ready. Check the DMCA site you can see a real spike of reports from Nintendo of America towards google for links to TX OS shill ware beginning start of this year.
Which dmca report are you talking about? I'd be interested to see what you're referring to because I'm working myself on a similar collection of evidence that starts with the lumen database. If you have anything like that please share. :)

CrappyOpa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: TheZander

stick267

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which dmca report are you talking about? I'd be interested to see what you're referring to because I'm working myself on a similar collection of evidence that starts with the lumen database. If you have anything like that please share. :)
If it's this one then it has absolutely nothing to do with SX's current downtime. It's from February 1st and is directed at Google to remove SX resellers from their search results.

Reactions: TheZander

v1n2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The temp site is up but you upload your request file and it generates a license file. (Yay time to celebrate right?) Nope! now I just get a message saying this license is not for this console. So NO you can NOT activate your license on their temp website. The drama continues...
Did you also try to start with the 2.53 SX File an generate the key? They had an issue with 2.6 at the beginning.. should be already fixed with 2.61.. but perhaps, give it a try..

GreenSkullNN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you also try to start with the 2.53 SX File an generate the key? They had an issue with 2.6 at the beginning.. should be already fixed with 2.61.. but perhaps, give it a try..
Oh dang i think you just solv3d my issue. I had downloaded the os from a mirror website while theirs was down and im pretty sure its 2.6 not 2.6.1 ill try getting the newest os now and reply back

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Due to the nature of "the scene" losing a domain name isn't uncommon and only takes a letter from a lawyer, around $200 for the lawyers time (if you don't personally know the lawyer) and a little persistence on your part with following the DCMA process to the top (starting from the hosting company to the domain name server provider). I have personal experience with this process.

All Xecuter has to do is find a new domain name and use a provider that is located in country that is lax with these laws to avoid this from happening again. Don't be fooled - this could happen easily to any Nintendo Switch scene project especially those hosted on their own domains. Also, it doesn't matter if they are actually violating the DCMA - all the lawyer needs to do is to write a convincing letter.

The DMCA letter being linked to around the scene is (1) old (2) doesn't even reference the domain name that Xecuter was using (3) is really fucking poorly written with little to no evidence presented. I highly doubt it was the source for the take down.

GreenSkullNN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Broooo it worked that was the issue after all haha. I think tx owes you some money and a support staff role. Ive been stressing over this crap for days. Thanks again!!!

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
The DMCA letter being linked to around the scene is (1) old (2) doesn't even reference the domain name that Xecuter was using (3) is really fucking poorly written with little to no evidence presented. I highly doubt it was the source for the take down.
It's not, lumendatabase only hosts Google search removals.

The indicator for legal trubbles comes from the ICANN lookup indicating the domain is listed as clientHold, which indicates that it was not renewed or legal trouble. Given how the stargateNX domain is less than a year old and is also suspended, legal trouble is the only possible option.

comput3rus3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So new sites are up. I'm amazed at the stories that came up including fbi raids of taiwan factories. The trolling was in full force. rofl

Reactions: gizmomelb

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So new sites are up. I'm amazed at the stories that came up including fbi raids of taiwan factories. The trolling was in full force. rofl

It was as was said on the very first page. The registar has disabled SX's domain. And, like usual, GaryOPA lied about it. There were never any credible claims of raids or factory stuff. The information that is factual was posted on Page 1.

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not, lumendatabase only hosts Google search removals.

The indicator for legal trubbles comes from the ICANN lookup indicating the domain is listed as clientHold, which indicates that it was not renewed or legal trouble. Given how the stargateNX domain is less than a year old and is also suspended, legal trouble is the only possible option.

Legal trouble could mean a lot of things. I had an annoying scene troll hire his uncle to write DMCA letters to some hosts I was running some years back. It could be as simple as that or maybe some bigger entity finally did something. Although, if a domain name is seized by certain organizations they usually leave a nice letter for the end users to view.

Reactions: gizmomelb

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's clearly a rushed move, their current IP is also in use by several other sites from the scene (noticably, xianaix's site and the Team Rebug site). It doesn't indicate a well planned move or a "move to better hardware".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)