Gaming Tales of Innocence

J23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think he wants to know if you need to understand the voiced dialog in the game to play it.

vhunter

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
2575.png

This game.

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Heh, this game is awesome. Works fine on the R4 but the cutscenes don't work. Stupid Mobi Codec.

EDIT: This game surprises me on how much Japanese (Spoken) I know. Heh.

SilentJi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.theundersquare.com
XP
Country
The Dimension Stride Linear Motion Battle System actually works out quite well on the NDS. It's got the feel of Abyss' Flex Range System, except with loads more air-time, which works out quite well. The battles, though a tad lacking in intensity, are fluid and easy enough to get into, without much problem.

Aside from that, the character designs and weaponry are quite hawt. There are quite a few firsts in the series, too, mainly the two gun-users (twin pistols and bayonet rifle). As far as the storyline goes, I've only started playing about a half-hour ago, so I literally know very little about it all. X3

yuka001

Trophies
XP
Country
It works on the EZ Flash V, by pressing START and A to skip the intro movie!

This game is awesome!!!
The 3D graphics are really polished and there's a HUGE amount of voice overs... I really hope this game sales well, even though it's released between DQ4 and FF4, because it HAS to be translated, and it deserves to do really well in the charts!

Moots

The Incredible Sulk
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So are the voice overs critical to the story, or are they sub-titled aswell?

I am a huge Tales fan and don't want to wait 5 months, unless understanding the VO's is crucial to the story, and would detract from it.

AJIEKC

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Yes, the same in my m3 simply, it freezes on intro movie (need to hold Start and A BUTTON), but i just tried it to run on no$gba and intro goin fine. Maybe any1 know how to fix it? (Firmware 1.08)

yuka001

Trophies
XP
Country
So are the voice overs critical to the story, or are they sub-titled aswell?

I am a huge Tales fan and don't want to wait 5 months, unless understanding the VO's is crucial to the story, and would detract from it.

Well, no, the voice-overs are not crucial because there are written dialogs alongside the voice overs, BUT because it's an RPG, there's a lot of dialog and story and menus, and although you COULD play without understanding Japanese, I'm not sure it would be very "enjoyable". The voice overs are a nice plus though. But it's up to you!

As for me, I'll patiently wait (pray?) for an English release!
bow.gif

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, the same in my m3 simply, it freezes on intro movie (need to hold Start and A BUTTON), but i just tried it to run on no$gba and intro goin fine. Maybe any1 know how to fix it? (Firmware 1.08)

Possibly due to SD cards being really slow. I'll find this game and try it on an N-card.

Don't say "wtf i have a jap kingston and they're fast" because they're not. Real DS game cards have random access times of 4 microseconds compared to the SD card's milliseconds.

P

pasc

Or you use the option that is on the bottom right corner in the Options Menue (just press A until the red save bar appears).

P

pasc

Finally a game I can enjoy again ! I played 3 hours today without getting tired, which is a record for me in my current shape ^^.

Anyway, this game is pure awesomeness ! Everyone who does not play this DS Jewel misses something ! That's for sure.

The good thing about the game is that it is pretty straight forward.
If you can't get to new places just fight of Monsters in the wild, talk to people and walk around until you find the right thing (I can say that it is easy , cause I already play like 5 hours in total and still did not have any problems without any jap speaking )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer