Hacking Taking updates from somewhere else ?

Orsuuu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello,

i have a sky3ds+ on a japanese new 3ds xl; and thus i can't update my games (i need to run them throught ninjHax) i wondered if it was possible to update a game on another console and copy the downloaded data on mine ?

thank you !

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
From another console that shares the same movable.sed, yes.
In other words, no you can't, because if you could, you wouldn't be using a sky3ds+.

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

i have a sky3ds+ on a japanese new 3ds xl; and thus i can't update my games (i need to run them throught ninjHax) i wondered if it was possible to update a game on another console and copy the downloaded data on mine ?

thank you !
you could look into cart updates https://3ds.guide/cart-update

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

thank you !
http://www.3dsdb.com/ heres a list of all carts that contain updates and on what version they update

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Movable sed ? what do you mean ?
its a console specific key (dont worry about it as it wont help with what youre doing)

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Reactions: HyperT

Orsuuu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
my console is in 11.2.0-35J

to be clear, i have super smash bros in version 1.0.3, and i want to have the most recent version (1.7 or something)

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
my console is in 11.2.0-35J
The reason why I asked for the firmware version is that you could get updates from the "wrong region" if you used a CFW (which doesn't prevent you from using a skyds+, though it would not really make sense to keep doing that). But yeah, usually, sky3ds(+) people update to latest (which you did), so that's kind of out of question now. You can check 3ds.guide for more details about that but I'm pretty sure you're out of the requirements necessary for a downgrade (either hardmod or dsiware downgrade using a hackable console and games that were pulled from the eShop).

Orsuuu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yeah i can't downgrade without a hardmod (which i don't want to do) so there's no solutions for me ?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello,

thank you !
Download the correct region game for your console. Then you won't have a problem.

tnecniv43208

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yeah ? like i put the japanese smash bros, update it, and then play the european again ?
I think you're doing the same thing as I've been doing, I downloaded EU smash bros on sky3ds and I have a JP console, so I use HBL to play it, if this is you're case, no you cannot update from eshop, and like what is said above, mostly any method that is possible doesn't suit you for you wouldn't be using sky if you had cfw and apps like freeshop

Reactions: Quantumcat

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah ? like i put the japanese smash bros, update it, and then play the european again ?
I think she meant "play the JP version of the game, not the EU one, so you can download updates from eShop". Though I guess language is an issue (not necessarily for Smash but other games at least).

Reactions: Quantumcat

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I think she meant "play the JP version of the game, not the EU one, so you can download updates from eShop". Though I guess language is an issue (not necessarily for Smash but other games at least).
Yep I meant this. Can't you spoof the language with HANS (I've never actually used it so I don't know)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM