Hacking Taking Apart Polar White Nintendo DS Lite

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
By any chance do you have a set of tiny screwdrivers that look like these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Jeweler...-set-bright.jpg (or similar)? I'd take the smallest one and see if it can fit in a tri-wing screw and try to lock it inside and unscrew the screw. I've tested it on my old Game Boy Pocket and it seems to work. I think the DS Lite screws are too small though so this might not be possible and you might also strip a screw doing this. I wouldn't recommend this method, just get a tri-wing screwdriver if you can. Without using a screwdriver, I don't know of any safe method of taking apart the Lite.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Age is a bitch
laugh.gif

Buying online is great.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Look for a shop that repairs consoles if you find one take your nintendo ds in there and ask them nicely if they can open up your ds.
unsure.gif
even try a hardware shop. Whats wrong with your ds anyway
unsure.gif

rds_works

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
how about using a pen cap, like they do sometimes when opening the Gamecube up.

Just heat the top of the pen and press it hard into the screw, might work.

Kenzya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I used a very small flathead screwdriver. One that fit into the tri-wing grooves, of course. I then pushed down on the top of the screwdriver with my palm and took pliers to twist the screwdriver. I also, without the pliers, just turned the DS instead of the screwdriver. If you put enough force on to the screwdriver, it will work.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?