Hacking Taking-Apart AK2i

d3monsting

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize in advance if their are thousands of threads already on the same topic, but is their a guide somewhere for taking apart an AK2i? or can you not take them apart?
EDIT: I did not make any previous similar posts about Taking Apart the Acekard.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Use a thin, sharp blade (exact-o knife) to split the case at the seam then wiggle it up and down to pry the case apart.
Beyond the seam, there are 4 pins holding the top together. Those need to be cut/broken.

You should know that there is no 'natural' way to put it back together like you can with other cards (R4 for example, where you unscrew the back and the shell opens), so you'll have to use something like superglue to re-seal it.
I believe the process used to seal the AceKards is called sonic welding.

d3monsting

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Use a thin, sharp blade (exact-o knife) to split the case at the seam then wiggle it up and down to pry the case apart.
Beyond the seam, there are 4 pins holding the top together. Those need to be cut/broken.

You should know that there is no 'natural' way to put it back together like you can with other cards (R4 for example, where you unscrew the back and the shell opens), so you'll have to use something like superglue to re-seal it.
I believe the process used to seal the AceKards is called sonic welding.
0-0
Evil acekard creators. They just don't want me to take it apart
frown.gif
. I did the paper trick, and now I regret it.

Whipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me, but I fail to see how the paper trick can cause any problems.
You simply place paper on one side of the cartrodge to force it against the DS contacts tighter.

What happened that made you regret trying that trick?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Whipple said:
Excuse me, but I fail to see how the paper trick can cause any problems.
You simply place paper on one side of the cartrodge to force it against the DS contacts tighter.

What happened that made you regret trying that trick?
Not that paper trick, my paper trick.

OP: Just run your nail around the edges starting at the bottom

IMG_3130.jpg

and you will get

IMG_3371s.jpg

IMG_3373s.jpg

If you notice on my middle photo, there's a gap in the edging to the right. If you are having trouble opening it, try starting there.

I remember a similar thread not to long ago which I think was also by you. As I said in that, also notice the 3 broken pegs on my cart. Some have said that if you put a hair/blow dryer on the 4 corners, it will melt the glue slightly so you can open it without breaking the pegs. Although last time I suggested that, someone melted their cart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again