Taiko no Tatsujin remake

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by FlyingPretzel, Sep 2, 2008.

Sep 2, 2008

Taiko no Tatsujin remake by FlyingPretzel at 4:44 PM (1,196 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. FlyingPretzel
    OP

Member FlyingPretzel GBAtemp Regular

Israel
    i was thinking of making a drums game but the ds touchscreen in not good for it
    so we could remake this game completely and make songs that people actually know
    need coders ideas for the game and a pixel art designer (im a designer (photoshop)
    notes makers and........... people suggest your ideas we could make it a donkey konga style game
    i just have to figure out how to be able to touch the scren in 2 diffrent places and make it work (works on takio no tatsujin)
    whos in ?
    we oculd make it a gbatemp project [​IMG] (all will get credit [the one that are helping]
    and if we will get a bounty wich is not my goal we would share it
    whos with me?

2. Raestloz

Member Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Indonesia
    IDK mate, Taiko is Japanese drum, although the drum sound can be altered in-game (there's an option that makes it international-drum sound).

Ah, and about Taiko no Tatsujin.... I tried it just now, and it actually calculates the middle-point of your touch when you touch it in 2 different places, I can see the "calculated" point of touch on touchscreen.

I can suggest ideas, but that's not helpful at all [​IMG]

3. JPdensetsu

Member JPdensetsu GBAtemp Addict

Taiwan
    yeah just like the PSP game, that was a great game [​IMG]

4. deathfisaro

Member deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    Taiko Drum Master miserably failed in North America and Namco is not releasing North American versions ever since.
    I don't know how well your remake would do, but all drum-style rhythm games on DS perform far better with buttons than touch-screen. I wouldn't bother naming how horrible rock drum games are on DS.

5. Gerinych

Member Gerinych GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    That might be a good idea. We might even try sapping songs from the american version of the game, no matter how crappy they were.
    I'll probably join this project as a graphic guy or a charter.

6. FlyingPretzel
    OP

Member FlyingPretzel GBAtemp Regular

Israel

thanks what kind of graphic stuff you do ?

and we cant start without a coder know anyone?

7. litium

Member litium GBAtemp Regular

Argentina
    Me too, as graphic and maybe charter. Grapchis i can pull some pixel stuff and photoshop.

Also i tought about a "music file" that could be a text file with a extension like .tds or anything that is estructered as follow:
    [NAME]=TWEWY - Intro
    [AUTHOR]=TheRebelGuy -> invented nick
    [SONGFILE]=twewyintro.mp3 (or we could even use ogg files)
    [SONGBPM]=128 -> example bpm
    [SONGDATA]=000000000000100001000020000040000000001000010000101010100000020000202
    102010201000000000 (and it should go on as the song does).
    [SONGBG]=TWEWYBG.jpg

And that should be all. The SONGDATA is structured as this:

0=Blank space
    1=Small red circle
    2=Small blue circle
    3=Big Red Circle
    4=Big Blue Circle
    5=Yellow circle bar
    6=Big yellow circle bar
    7=Tapper (The one with the bubblegum)
    8=the tamborine, that is one blue one red, etc.
    9=Special (That we could put ourselves as an StarPower gimmick, like in GH).

8. Gerinych

Member Gerinych GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Well, I draw mostly in Flash, but I use Photoshop for special effects. I traced Mr. Mew you see in my avatar with Flash from an original picture. I'm also helping some other guy with a Game & Watch Gallery 5, and so far I got all the sprites and backgrounds for games Manhole and Toss Up (Ball).

Oh yeah, I also made a pretty good clone of Taiko no Tatsujin in Flash. Graphics are near-perfect, but my scripting sucks.