Tablet Talk

Private|Par

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Three days ago for my birthday I got a Wacom Bamboo Fun, 6inches by 4 inches. I was new to the world of tablets, so I got the cheapest one I could come by. I'm loving it, the feel is really great and it works fine for my intended purposes. Anyone else here got a tablet? Or thinking about getting one? What tablet should I go for next.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Did the same thing a few months back and it's one of the best impluse-buys I've made all year. I haven't really used it much yet (been far too busy!), but I was amazed how much quicker working with a tablet is than working with a mouse. I only wanted something basic to do web-style graphics with so I got the cheapest one they do, the "Bamboo One". There's no buttons on the tablet and just 2 on the pen but it suits my needs just fine. I'm a pencil-and-paper person at heart so I never thought I'd be using it to draw straight onto the computer, but I love just doodling in PSP
smile.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm thinking about getting one... I've seen a Wacom Bamboo Fun, but I fear it might be a little too small to draw easily. How it is for big drawings? You have to scroll around or something like that?

I've never tried one so I don't really know if I could get used to it...

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I tried one at a Wacom booth at a convention I went to.
Ish hard.
Screw tablets.
(But that's just my opinion, I'm comfortable mouse person. I even say fuck you to trackballs.)

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
podunk1269 said:
I have a tablet conversion laptop, I fucking love love love it
My dad has one of those. The screen seems to have way too much friction as it literally is hard to draw and makes a sound like you're digging into it. Still a awesome device though.

I couldn't imagine drawing with my hand while looking at something else to see what I drew. That would seem way to confusing for me, what if I want to like ink a drawing? How would I know were to draw.

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
podunk1269 said:
which model does he have, I bave the tx1120us and don t have any problems like that
I don't really know, it's his work laptop so he usually keeps it there and never brings it home, because when you try to connect to my WiFi, it screws up his work's WiFi so he has to wait an age for the 'technicians' to come. I know its one of those incredibly thin and incredibly heavy Lenovo ThinkPads. (doesn't help much does it
tongue.gif
)

Psyfira

Trophies
XP
Country
myuusmeow said:
I couldn't imagine drawing with my hand while looking at something else to see what I drew. That would seem way to confusing for me, what if I want to like ink a drawing? How would I know were to draw.
You watch a little arrow moving on a screen without watching your hand on the mouse all the time, it's the same principle really.
smile.gif
After a while you forget your hand's even there. Sure you have to adapt and learn how to use it same as any tool, but it's not as difficult as it sounds. It's a different way of drawing, I don't think it's quite as personal as other media but that's just a matter of opinion.

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Psyfira said:
myuusmeow said:
You watch a little arrow moving on a screen without watching your hand on the mouse all the time, it's the same principle really.
smile.gif
After a while you forget your hand's even there. Sure you have to adapt and learn how to use it same as any tool, but it's not as difficult as it sounds. It's a different way of drawing, I don't think it's quite as personal as other media but that's just a matter of opinion.
I completely forgot that if you hold the pen within like 1 inch of the screen it shows the arrow! My bad. Haven't used the tablet for awhile now.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Orc said:
I even say fuck you to trackballs.
How DARE you. *has been a trackball person since...uh...a long while ago* I don't do any art though so that's my excuse. I would kinda look at getting a tablet since I used to draw on paper, but...eh, another peripheral I wouldn't use often I'm sure...

Private|Par

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, you eventually get used to the tablet. I think it's because that when you're normally using a pen, your eyes are used to watching exactly what you're drawing on. Raulpica, for larger drawings, you need to scroll sometimes, obviously. But the bigger the tablet you get the less you have to scroll, although your wallet will pay. I suggest getting a smallish tablet to start off with, and if you like using it, move up the range just as I plan on. You don't need to scroll so much that it becomes annoying, though.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah! I was going to make a tablet thread but then I saw this one
smile.gif

So I'm thinking of buying a tablet, what tablet would you guys recommend for about £50? I know that's not a lot of money to play with, but I'm on a budget and won't be using it for anything TOO intensive, I just want to get back into drawing - and it's tough with a mouse!

Psyfira

Trophies
XP
Country
Amazon have got the A6 black Bamboo for around 50 quid; similar to but cheaper than the Bamboo Fun because it comes with less software (namebly Photoshop elements, which you've probably got a version of already). If you want something larger then the only other brand on the market is Trust. I hear your mileage with them may vary, some people love them, some hate, how long it lasts probably depends on how often you use it (and the fact that people who have no problem with economy tablets probably don't stop by to review them).

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    That's a lot of money.
    I can pay it, but I'd rather eat better.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah just eat floor crumbs
    Juan's floor crumbs were always rat fur
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Change from real cheese, to government cheese, you'll save some money.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta get that government cheese one new laptop a year
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking Biden making us pay full internet prices
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Of course there is always, OnlyFans, or a GoFundMe, to raise some money.
    @BigOnYa are you on OnlyFans?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He gets his ramming funds from onlyfans
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea but my total income is negative, lol
    I would pay for watching someone eat food from the floor.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, stop spending the videos' budget on food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No I've never even been to the site(honestly) but have heard of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm half way at my savings for a new move
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like a karate move? The flying dragon is cool.
    @BigOnYa if you've never been to the site how do you know about its contents?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Can he do a shoryuken?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, cuz of people mentioning it everywhere
    +1
    Someone here introduced me to it. Not gonna say who.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everybody knows what that site about, and you can't read normal news anymore without hearing about it
    But it's degrading and disgusting.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, was it Juan?
    Juan who?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its just seductive pics right? I mean they don't show nudity, do they?
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Its just seductive pics right? I mean they don't show nudity, do they?