Homebrew Tablet homebrew?

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking to buy a tablet, but the dsi killed my wallet!
hate2.gif
I'm buying a wireless router from dx soon, anyway, I was wondering if there is a tablet for the ds, but similar to the bamboo with pressure sensing and shortcut keys. I've seen win2ds, but it looks REEAAAALLLY glitchy. And colors doesn't suit all my tablet-based purposes.
-chao

EtanSivad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chao1212 said:
hate2.gif
I'm buying a wireless router from dx soon, anyway, I was wondering if there is a tablet for the ds, but similar to the bamboo with pressure sensing and shortcut keys. I've seen win2ds, but it looks REEAAAALLLY glitchy. And colors doesn't suit all my tablet-based purposes.
-chao

Are you wanting to use the DS as a PC tablet? I'm a bit confused here.

The DS touch screen is touch sensitive, but it's way too small to be useful as a PC tablet. Your only real option here is you can use some of the homebrew apps to draw on the DS, but that's about it.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EtanSivad said:
chao1212 said:
hate2.gif
-chao

The DS touch screen is touch sensitive, but it's way too small to be useful as a PC tablet. Your only real option here is you can use some of the homebrew apps to draw on the DS, but that's about it.

When i say this, I mean I'd like to see a program to control the cursor on screen similar to the way the opera browser does using a similar method to win2ds. Basically Bottom screen shows full view, top zooms, L or R switches the function of the bottom screen to that of the top screen and allows drawing and using the d-pad to move the zoomed in area, with the abxy buttons as shortcuts. Handled by an app for the pc that sends information (like win2ds) to the ds.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EtanSivad said:
chao1212 said:
hate2.gif
-chao

When i say this, I mean I'd like to see a program to control the cursor on screen similar to the way the opera browser does using a similar method to win2ds. Basically Bottom screen shows full view, top zooms, L or R switches the function of the bottom screen to that of the top screen and allows drawing and using the d-pad to move the zoomed in area, with the abxy buttons as shortcuts. Handled by an app for the pc that sends information (like win2ds) to the ds.

Blake1710

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nope, none, short of Win2DS or one of the other apps like that.

the DS just wouldn't function well as a tablet. The screen is tiny, and also the pressure sensitivity is not nearly as advanced as a tablet would be.

even if it was developed it would not be very good to work with at all.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blake1710 said:
nope, none, short of Win2DS or one of the other apps like that.

the DS just wouldn't function well on the DS
. The screen is tiny, and also the pressure sensitivity is not nearly as advanced as a tablet would be.

even if it was developed it would not be very good to work with at all.
I see. the ds won't function well on the ds?

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
and also most tablet pcs have multi touchable touch screens.
so you can use two fingers to draw on MSPaint or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: i wish i can just get rid of them