Hacking T-Flash card reader not being detected

aksama

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I used my DS for a while, school started, and now I'm done with midterms, so I figured I'd boot up and play some games, lo and behold my T-flash card reader doesn't show up on my computer, no worries I borrow a friends. His works initially, but shows up as an H:\ drive (fine) but as a DISC, not a mass storage device, so I remove, restart, and AGAIN it is simply not detected, I doubt this is because of two bum readers going dead at exactly the rights times.

Upon checking my device manager under PMCIA and Flash memory devices is a little icon with that wonderful yellow question mark, I click it and try to install drivers, but none are found. I put stuff onto this card before on this very same computer, does ANYONE know what's going on? This is driving me freakin' bonkers.

Update: I clicked "uninstall driver" and now I have no little question mark, and the device STILL isn't detected, what in the freaking hell? I thought these were supposed to be goddamn plug and play. It worked previously...

aksama

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both of them are the cardreader that came with it. I don't believe that BOTH of them are malfunctioning though, because my friends lent me his and it worked fine for him.

aksama

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then what's a cheap, reliable alternative? Like, less than 5 bucks cheap... I can't imagine these cost a ton.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, here are some possibilities.
I cannot vouch for the quality of any of these adapters, but I've ordered numerous items from newegg before. They're quite reliable.

Personally speaking, though, this does not sound like an issue in your card reader so much as an issue in your computer's drivers.

Best of luck.

aksama

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's why I posted here, but it's not supposed to require drivers if it's plug and play, nor have I been able to find any mention of those sorts of drivers...

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
aksama said:
That's why I posted here, but it's not supposed to require drivers if it's plug and play, nor have I been able to find any mention of those sorts of drivers...
every single piece of hardware requires the right drivers on your PC.
the thing with plug&play devices however is that they are made according to certain standards so they work perfectly on standard drivers included in most operating systems.(try inserting a usb stick in windows 95, or an old version of 98, i bet it's gonna need drivers!)

however besides these default drivers you also need the drivers for the actual ports, if you don't have drivers for your USB ports your PC won't recognise devices attached to them unless you had the device in the USB port while you turned on your PC.

KyleCooper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone, I have kind of the same problem, the USB adapter that came with my M3 DS Real started being recognized as a "device that can run faster" and then after a few times it is now not recognized by either of my two computers (both worked before). The DS loads fine with the card so do you guys suggest I should buy a new adapter?

Nicolette

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have the same problem. The usb adapter that came ith the M3 DS Real is not recognized anymore (tried 2 computers).
You suggest to buy a new adapter... I`m using this for the third time, for the DS of my daughter, so I`m not an expert.
Were can I buy such an adapter, and what is the price?

The M3 card is still working in the DS lite.
Is there something else I can try? No disk came with the package. Can I try to install a driver on my computer..

Thanks for responding,
Regards,
Nicolette

mc_B3oWoLF

Trophies
Website
mc-b3owolf.narod.ru
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
You could go to any PC-store and look for any ('Many'-in-one) Flash-reader)))
but Be sure to choose the reader that supports SDHC
And if you're going to a shop, It's better to ask if the reader is reliable. - I did the same and I'm using my reader without any problems
happy.gif

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive been haveing the same problem. My card reader pooped out on me and the funny thing is i lost my other one and it worked fine. I have also tried on several Micro to SD adapters and none have worked. Then it still works on my dad's computer, and still works in my m3.i am thinking im going to take my files off my micro on my dad's comp. and do a format. i tell if it works.

bla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same problem as well. Did anyone manage to get their T-Flash Card Reader working? Where do I download the driver?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: is gta v or call of duty still up?