Status
Not open for further replies.

Qeality

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was browsing my SD content with DBI and came across a folder name [System Volume information] in the folder there are two files
-IndexerVolumeGuid
-WPSettings.dat
I don’t recall where it came from and wanted to know more about this folder. Is it important? And what’s it used for? Can it be deleted? I only see it when I browse SD contents with DBI but not on PC with SD inserted.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I was browsing my SD content with DBI and came across a folder name [System Volume information] in the folder there are two files
-IndexerVolumeGuid
-WPSettings.dat
I don’t recall where it came from and wanted to know more about this folder. Is it important? And what’s it used for? Can it be deleted? I only see it when I browse SD contents with DBI but not on PC with SD inserted.
Windows makes it, it contains some metadata for search indexing. It's not important, but it will be recreated as soon as you connect the SD to your PC. Every drive that Windows touches has that folder on it.

Reactions: Qeality

Qeality

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windows makes it, it contains some metadata for search indexing. It's not important, but it will be recreated as soon as you connect the SD to your PC. Every drive that Windows touches has that folder on it.
Ah okay, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.