Hacking System version and update

doveman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've successfully hacked my Wii U which was on v5.5.2 E. Now the version shows as 99.99.99 E. Is this normal and just a side-effect result of the hack?

It's also notifying me that there's a system update. I thought 5.5.2 was the latest, so is it just seeing the v99.99.99 and thinking that's less than 5.5.2? I've changed the DNS settings so it can't update anyway but it's a bit annoying seeing the little X bouncing up and down telling me there's an update!

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've successfully hacked my Wii U which was on v5.5.2 E. Now the version shows as 99.99.99 E. Is this normal and just a side-effect result of the hack?

It's also notifying me that there's a system update. I thought 5.5.2 was the latest, so is it just seeing the v99.99.99 and thinking that's less than 5.5.2? I've changed the DNS settings so it can't update anyway but it's a bit annoying seeing the little X bouncing up and down telling me there's an update!
5.5.2 is the latest update. v99.99.99 means that you are using HaxChi or CBHC. It changes the firmware to 99.99.99. You probably just have a game update. You can always disable blocking and then click the little bouncing x to see if it updates.

Reactions: doveman

doveman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
5.5.2 is the latest update. v99.99.99 means that you are using HaxChi or CBHC. It changes the firmware to 99.99.99. You probably just have a game update. You can always disable blocking and then click the little bouncing x to see if it updates.

OK, thanks. Yeah I'm using CBHC. I was worried 'cos it says System Update but if it's just a game update that's OK.

Reactions: gcunit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44