System Transfer with Gateway

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Aerione, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Aerione
    OP

Aerione Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2014
    So, I did a system transfer from my old 3DS to my new 3DS XL using Gateway Firmware 2.0b2 and the latest Emunand version of 7.x.x, it said that it went fine and that I should use the old SD card with the new 3DS to get the content. But I figured that since the old SD card doesn't have the Emunand partition, it won't work anyways. So I went and backuped the content of the old SD Card and then copied that directly into my new SD card, overwriting stuff when prompted. However, when I turned on my new 3DS XL, it couldn't detect the old games that are on the SD card. Do note that I did downgrade to 2.0b1 to avoid bricking.(I did this by removing the 2.0b2 launcher and replacing it with the 2.0b1 launcher, wonder if this is the correct way to do it?)

2. aXXo

aXXo GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Your old SD card WON'T work with your new 3DS because the emu-nand cannot be switched between 3DS's.

3. Aerione
    OP

Aerione Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2014
    Really? D:
    Cause I did make a thread on MaxConsole and the replies are as follow:
    http://imgur.com/lpFJHUO
    I guess none of them considered the fact that I might still have old contents on the SD card to warn me about this.

4. sonic2756

sonic2756 Friendly Neighborhood Wolf

Feb 3, 2010
    United States
    Denver, CO
    Just copy the Nintendo 3DS folder from your old SD to the new one.

5. redkeyboard

redkeyboard GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 8, 2013
    United States
    You said when you turned on the 3ds your games weren't there. Did you go to emu and?

6. Neo Draven

Neo Draven End Boss of the Entire Internet

May 3, 2010
    United States
    I am having the same issue. I haven't bought a 3DS XL just yet, although I plan to. I do NOT want to lose my progress in the Mii Plaza. I used the Play Coin date change trick to get about 300 coins so I could make it all the way through Find Mii like I did on my regular System NAND, and I'll be damned if I'm going to go through that again.

7. Aerione
    OP

Aerione Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2014
    I managed to solve it. Apparently, the transfer software does a very bad job when it comes to file deletion, so there are still pieces of old contents in the SD card of the new 3DS. So just remove the the entire 3DS folder on that is located on the SD root and and replace it with the one from the old SD card.