Hacking System Transfer with 2.0b1

Aerione

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys!

I was wondering if it's possible to do a system transfer with GW Firmware 2.0b1 on the latest EmuNAND firmware?
Thing is, I heard that some parts of the System Settings menu are broken due to the new Nintendo firmware, which of course, have been fixed with the latest 2.0b2. But by going with b2, I risk bricking.
So yeah, is it possible?

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope, but 2.0b2 has a relatively low chance of brick. A lot of cases seem to revolve around running diagnostics. Running it once to do a system transfer should be OK. If you don't want to risk it, there is another method, but it requires the NAND dump mod.

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just use b2 to do the transfer then switch back to b1. The chance of bricking after 2 launches into the GW firmware are really really really really low.

Strainer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Just be warned that you lose funcitonality for Pokemon Bank and PokeMover, also, there's a high chance all future eshop releases will have this encryption, that's the reason I still haven't made the system transfer, as currently

GBA Ambassador titles don't work.
DSi titles don't work.
7.xx encrypted apps (Youtube, Pokebank, Pokemover)

all don't work. I'm just not sure it is a smart idea to essentially give up on the eshop completely, I may just keep 2 consoles around to have all the features.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I didnt have school today