System Transfer troubles

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Amapola62, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Amapola62
    OP

Amapola62 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 25, 2015
    France
    I plan to system transfer from a o3dsXL to a New3dsXL. The o3dsXl currently has a 64gb micro sd card in adapter in it filled with 20 or so gb of data, I plan to use in the new3ds. The New3ds will probably come with a 4gb micro Sd.

Any idea how I can transfer from one console to the other and use the microSD card in the New3ds?

2. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips a seldom-used crab named Lucky

Mar 10, 2015
    United States
    If i recall correctly, you swap the SD cards after the local transfer is complete, so your n3ds should end up with the 64gb SD card, unless the transfer process is different for old to new 3ds. If you do not swap the SD cards for the transfer process, you should be able to just copy all the files that are on the 4gb to the 64gb card after the transfer

Sick Wario likes this.
  3. Amapola62
    OP

Amapola62 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 25, 2015
    France
    Well my problem is that I am transfering from a system with 20gb in it to one with only 4gb free space...How can I do that?

4. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips a seldom-used crab named Lucky

Mar 10, 2015
    United States
    I believe the games will stay on the o3ds SD card and will be assigned to the n3ds when you swap the SD card, again I'm not sure if this is the case with old to new, somebody else will probably have to correct me if I'm wrong