System Transfer to MH3U 3DSXL?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by spiritofcat, Jun 25, 2013.

1. spiritofcat
    OP

spiritofcat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 20, 2007
    I bought a Cosmos Black 3DS when they were first released, so I've got the Ambassador bonus stuff, and I've bought some other things from the eShop too.

I've finally decided to upgrade to a 3DS XL, so I've ordered the Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Limited Edition Black 3DS XL.
    That comes with Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate digital version pre-installed.

When I do the system transfer to bring my Ambassador stuff and my other digital purchases over to the XL, what will happen to the pre-installed MH3U?
    Does my content from the original 3DS just get added to the XL's account (Merging with the account already on there that owns MH3U) or does it replace the XL's account? (Meaning I lose access to MH3U)

It would be pretty stupid for it to just overwrite it and deny me access to MH3U, but I just thought I'd check since it wouldn't be the first time a console manufacturer did something stupid...

2. Langin

Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Jul 29, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Hague
    The pre-installed game will stay where it was, you only need to redownload it. I had the MK7 bundle and I also have the amb. games and I still have all of them.

3. McHaggis

McHaggis Fackin' Troller

Oct 24, 2008
    Yes, the account is merged into the target system. I had the same concerns when I bought the Fire Emblem model last month.

4. spiritofcat
    OP

spiritofcat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 20, 2007
    Thanks for the responses! I'm glad to hear that it does the sensible thing.

5. William Bernhard

William Bernhard Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2013
    United States
    The Pre-Installed stuff will merge with your old stuff but you will need re-download them from the E-Shop (It's free so don't worry) I has done 5 Transfers between many consoles in the past

6. manlego

manlego GBAtemp Regular

Nov 13, 2009
    Brazil
    I saw this thread, and this i remembered i had this question in my head some time ago.
    Does the save files still in the sd card?
    Im a bit afraid of getting a xl sometime and losing my save from new leaf.

7. William Bernhard

William Bernhard Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2013
    United States
    Don't worry your save files on the Source 3DS SD card will be safe and ready to use on the new 3DS just remember this: ALL the data on the recipt 3DS SD card will be wiped out during the transfer so if you have important non-3ds stuff (Pictures/Videos/Music/Documents/etc) copy them on your pc before the System Transfer.