system transfer to 10.5.1 3ds?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by uribemaster, Feb 5, 2016.

1. uribemaster
    OP

uribemaster GBAtemp Fan

Feb 9, 2010
    United States
    Hello everyone. I have a 10.3 3ds with legit perfect cia's installed on the system menu. i want to transfer my 3ds data to another one with firmware 10.5.1 before i downgrade. Will the cia's also transfer? If not, Is there a way i can transfer them? Are there any precautions that i should take?

2. Blue_Mew

Blue_Mew Shiny Mew!

Oct 2, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Faraway Island
    -edited-

Last edited by Blue_Mew, Feb 5, 2016
  3. uribemaster
    OP

uribemaster GBAtemp Fan

Feb 9, 2010
    United States
    So the perfect cia's stay as paid on my nnid even though ijust installed them?

4. Blue_Mew

Blue_Mew Shiny Mew!

Oct 2, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Faraway Island
    -edited-

Last edited by Blue_Mew, Feb 5, 2016
    uribemaster likes this.
  5. EpicLPer

EpicLPer Nice unless you give me a reason to hate you ;)

Mar 13, 2015
    Austria
    Austria
    You can't format one system and put your NNID onto another, new one without a system transfer first.
    You have to initiate a system transfer first (I did via EmuNAND) which will fail, but the NNID is then freed and assigned to the other 3DS.

Better set up EmuNAND tho and unlink both NANDs first before attempting a transfer tho, you HAVE to restore a backup on the source system once done or else you'll be stuck in an infinite update nag loop.

6. Noroxus

Noroxus Margen67 Supporter

Jul 7, 2013
    Germany
    Glorious Nippon
    Wait where did you get that info from? I am pretty sure the legit cias are stored locally on your 3DS and not your NNID. You cant redownload them on another system, because you have not bought them. Pretty sure you cant transfer legit CIAs from one system to another D:

Last edited by Noroxus, Feb 5, 2016
    Quantumcat and N64 like this.
  7. uribemaster
    OP

uribemaster GBAtemp Fan

Feb 9, 2010
    United States
    So i need to downgrade without formatting first, unlink nands and then do the transfer?

8. EpicLPer

EpicLPer Nice unless you give me a reason to hate you ;)

Mar 13, 2015
    Austria
    Austria
    Yes, downgrade both systems to 9.2.0.20 so you can set EmuNAND up on both. Then unlink both 3DS NANDs and update those EmuNANDs to 10.5. MAKE AN EMUNAND BACKUP THO OF BOTH, you need to restore it after the system transfer! Then you can initiate a System Transfer, however it will fail, don't worry.

The whole process here is JUST to move the NNID, NOT TO MOVE YOUR INSTALLED TITLES. You have to redownload everything from the eShop and transfer your saves manually after doing so, that's how I did it and it worked actually well, the only downside is that this will probably take a few hours ;P

9. Noroxus

Jul 7, 2013
    Germany
    Glorious Nippon
    If you are talking about legit .cias then forget about transfering NNIDs. Legit CIAs are not bound to your NNID they are stored locally on your 3DS. If you system transfer you can not redownload them from the eShop, because the games are not listed as bought on the Nintendo eShop servers.
    It doesnt matter if you unlink NANDs (if you even have emuNAND that is) and transfer NNIDs, because system transfer doesnt transfer tickets.db, where the tickets for the legit CIAs are stored - once again - locally. You would have to redownload them from the eShop, but as mentioned earlier you do not possess the rights to redownload them, becuase you have not bought them legally on the eShop

10. uribemaster
    OP

uribemaster GBAtemp Fan

Feb 9, 2010
    United States
    Ahh ok i see so i cant redownload them on the new system with 10.5. Since its on newest firmware i cant downgrade so ill just keep it for my wife. so should i system transfer? Is there a way for my nnid to be on both 3ds? I prefer to have it on the 10.5 one so if not ill just do that

11. Noroxus

Jul 7, 2013
    Germany
    Glorious Nippon
    Nope, you can't have the same NNID on both systems. Thats not possible

12. reiyu

reiyu Canadian, eh?

Jan 8, 2008
    Canada
    10.5.1?

13. uribemaster