Hacking System Transfer then NAND Restore?

Stardust3033

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
soo i put myself in a pretty unnecessarily complex situation and im really not sure if the outcome i want is even possible lol so im trying my luck to see if anyone can come up with some big brain method.

ok so the thing is i have a blue n2ds (USA) on latest firmware with luma CFW and a red n2ds (JPN) running no CFW. to keep it simple, im wondering if its somehow possible to get cfw on the jpn n2ds, do a region change, then a system transfer from the usa n2ds to the jpn one to keep illegitimate titles, then do a NAND restore to keep everything on the usa n2ds.

im probably being too ambitious but before i gave up on the idea i just wanted to see if it was even possible. any help is greatly appreciated thank you.

Stardust3033

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not just reinstall the games?
yeah that was going to be my second option, but id have to go through several save file extractions and restorations as well...
also wanted to keep certain data like miis, badges, streetpass data and stuff so i thought system transfer would be the best yeah?

Stardust3033

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if you system transfer it belong to the target's system, also since you going to region change that is going to restrict you eshop access so really no point. Might want to read the thread below

https://gbatemp.net/threads/using-faketik-to-restore-the-source-3ds-after-pc-transfer.571843/
yeah i dont mind no eshop access at all when i region change. well anyway you just think its better if i just make a new nnid and reinstall everything? im thinking so too, i dont wanna run the risk of losing online capabilities on my usa n2ds anyway.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i dont mind no eshop access at all when i region change. well anyway you just think its better if i just make a new nnid and reinstall everything? im thinking so too, i dont wanna run the risk of losing online capabilities on my usa n2ds anyway.

if you transfer, your source system's Nintendo 3DS folder and user profile (NNID, Miis, Friend Code, Friend List, Activity Log, eShop account, etc) belong to the target system. So no benefit if you were planning to having both, you might get a ban to be honest over this, just install the game and transfer your save. Im not even sure if you can system transfer to a region transferred 3ds.

Last edited by Hayato213,
Reactions: Stardust3033

Stardust3033

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you transfer, your source system's Nintendo 3DS folder and user profile (NNID, Miis, Friend Code, Friend List, Activity Log, eShop account, etc) to the target system. So no benefit if you were planning to having both, you might get a ban to be honest over this, just install the game and transfer your save. Im not even sure if you can system transfer to a region transferred 3ds.
very true very true. thank you so much for your input! im just gonna go ahead and do that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol