Serbian Prinny
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hello. I have old 3DS on 9.2.0-20 and I am wondering what is the best advice you can give me? This is what I want. I am going to receive New 3DS Ambassador Edition and I want to do system transfer so that all my content is transferred from old 3DS to 'New 3DS'. Here are my questions.

1. What happens with memory card on old 3DS after transfer? Can I just insert the old SD card into 'New 3DS' and have everything working? What options to select during transfer

2. I would prefer not to update old 3DS because I want to use Ninjhax and potential region free feature on it so is there some way I can bypass updating firmware on old 3DS? I don't mind updating on 'New 3DS' since I don't plan hacking it and keep hacking only for old 3DS?

Anyone?

chairsgotoschool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need the latest firmware to transfer. sd cards are just memory cards, you can use them for whatever. the 3ds uses fat32 format too.

chairsgotoschool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendo doesn't use an account system (at least not like normal companies) so basically all purchases are tied to the system for the most part. doing the transfer, transfers that info to another 3ds so all your purchases can be redownloaded. the sd card is simply storage you can buy a bigger one and just plug them into a computer and copy the contents and you are good to play all your games.

so if you have the ambassador games then yes they will be able to be downloaded again

poisonousj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i almost positive though you have to update to the latest 9.4 firmware before you can do the system transfer to move your game licenses over to the new console :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You too