System transfer problems with Network ID

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by splinters, Dec 16, 2013.

1. splinters
    OP

splinters Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2011
    Just bought an ambassador 3DS and want to transfer to my 3DS XL. I am getting the message that I cannot transfer to a system with a Nintendo ID and to format the system memory. Wouldn't be a big problem but I am on the last level of the new Zelda game after pumping 20+ hours into it and don't want to start over again.

Is there any way of backing up the game save or just removing the ID?

It would work if I transfer everything to the old 3DS then back again but If i transfer all my XL to the 3DS do you still have to wait several days before you can transfer back?

Any help or advice is much appreciated.

2. splinters
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2011
    Well this got much worse....having consoled (sorry) myself to losing the game save i formatted the system memory as instructed then did the transfer. All went well as always but three games from the target system disappeared from my download list; only Mario Kart and a 3D video remained.
    Now I have to wait 3-5 days just for a response but they warned me I may have inadvertently deleted my eshop account when I removed my Nintendo ID...what the hell??
    How can they get away with this?

3. splinters
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2011
    So be warned as the removing the id through formatting (only way apparently) may remove your eShop account....without warning!!

4. osaka35

osaka35 Instrucional Designer

Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    To further this conversation, I would like to ask a question about NNID. When it asks you to either choose your current mii or the one already associated with your NNID, what consequences are there for choosing one or the other? What data is erased or overwritten?I'm putting off doing it until I hear the consequences of it.

Does anyone else have horror stories or anything to contribute about transferring or NNID?