Godwin_Point

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello !

Sorry for posting a useless thread, but I'm a bit lost and I have to answer a friend quickly
My friend has a 3ds, 9.2. He just bought a N3ds and wanted to give me the old one, so i could put a 4.5 CFW on it.
The problem is : He want to perform a system transfer from his old 3ds to the new one, and that require a firmware update.
Is there any way to do the transfer without updating the old 3ds to a > 9.2 firmware ?

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello !

Sorry for posting a useless thread, but I'm a bit lost and I have to answer a friend quickly
My friend has a 3ds, 9.2. He just bought a N3ds and wanted to give me the old one, so i could put a 4.5 CFW on it.
The problem is : He want to perform a system transfer from his old 3ds to the new one, and that require a firmware update.
Is there any way to do the transfer without updating the old 3ds to a > 9.2 firmware ?

Short answer - No.

Longer Answer - You could install Gateway emuNAND and do a system transfer that way. But it would require both systems to be on 9.5 to complete the transfer. If he wanted to keep the N3DS on a lower firmware then he will have to wait for emuNAND support for 9.5+ firmware availablilty.

Godwin_Point

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The Gateway emunand differs from the CFW one?
(It doesn't matter if the new 3ds is 9.5, I was just wondering if it was possible to do the transfer with the CFW emunand on the old 3ds)

edit: Nevermind, apparently the emunand without gateway only goes to 9.4... I know you can't predict the future but is there any chance of having a 9.5 emunand without gateway? )

Tomsquik Chill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Possible if your buddy didn't use gw.

Call Nintendo support and ask for missing/broken/stolen console transfer and wait for a week. All his purchases will show up in his n3ds e-shop for him to re-download again.

For save data you can try data backup under setting menu and see if it work for him. But it can backup only download content save data.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Gateway emunand differs from the CFW one?
(It doesn't matter if the new 3ds is 9.5, I was just wondering if it was possible to do the transfer with the CFW emunand on the old 3ds)

edit: Nevermind, apparently the emunand without gateway only goes to 9.4... I know you can't predict the future but is there any chance of having a 9.5 emunand without gateway? )
The current CFW (Palantine/Govanify) only works on 4.5, can't update the CFW to 9.5, and it's buggy.

To use EmuNAND, you have to use the Gateway Red Card and EmuNAND can be updated to 9.5.

Godwin_Point

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've done some research, and you can indeed access 9.5 emunand without a gateway, but it's still really buggy). But I'm still not sure if the transfer is possible from the 9.5 emunand to a real 9.5 New 3ds : o)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Boo I thought that was a rejection comment