Hacking System restore - Will this force me to update?

PBallWiz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fairly new to the Vita scene and just had a couple of quick questions. I picked up a Vita with 3.60 so I could take advantage of HENKaku. The Vita has a bunch of stuff on it that I really don't want so I was thinking that a system restore would quickly clean things up.
Will I be forced to update to 3.61?
I have another Vita running 3.61 that I use for remote play of my PS4. Will I be able to do that with the other console running 3.60 or does it require the latest firmware?
Ultimately I'd like sell the 3.61 console because who needs two Vitas, right ? :)
Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

Speighty1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you make sure henkaku is running first and then perform a system restore then it wont prompt you to update.

I have done this today numerous times and it works fine.

Reactions: SonsofOcelot

PlaystationTV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you make sure henkaku is running first and then perform a system restore then it wont prompt you to update.

I have done this today numerous times and it works fine.
you sure that henkaku is stopping the update or it just doesn't update when you do a restore? i did a restore and never got asked to update, i just had wifi off

Reactions: SonsofOcelot

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I always kep mine in airplane mode unless i'm using FTP. Even in airplane mode you can turn on wifi... Just turn on airplane mode, turn off system, restart while holding PS button and R trigger, select format system... done

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
you sure that henkaku is stopping the update or it just doesn't update when you do a restore? i did a restore and never got asked to update, i just had wifi off
With revision 3, Henkaku got firmware spoofing for 3.61. So yeah if he were doing a restore and Henkaku was activated, it wouldn't ask for an update (until after it restarted and Henkaku needed to be reinstalled).

But yeah, just put your Vita in airplane mode if you're worried about it asking you to update.

PBallWiz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With revision 3, Henkaku got firmware spoofing for 3.61. So yeah if he were doing a restore and Henkaku was activated, it wouldn't ask for an update (until after it restarted and Henkaku needed to be reinstalled).

But yeah, just put your Vita in airplane mode if you're worried about it asking you to update.
OK Thanks!
So will the remote play to my PS4 still work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup