System restore - Will this force me to update?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by PBallWiz, Sep 11, 2016.

1. PBallWiz
    OP

PBallWiz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    Fairly new to the Vita scene and just had a couple of quick questions. I picked up a Vita with 3.60 so I could take advantage of HENKaku. The Vita has a bunch of stuff on it that I really don't want so I was thinking that a system restore would quickly clean things up.
    Will I be forced to update to 3.61?
    I have another Vita running 3.61 that I use for remote play of my PS4. Will I be able to do that with the other console running 3.60 or does it require the latest firmware?
    Ultimately I'd like sell the 3.61 console because who needs two Vitas, right ? :)
    Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

2. Speighty1

Speighty1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2016
    If you make sure henkaku is running first and then perform a system restore then it wont prompt you to update.

I have done this today numerous times and it works fine.

SonsofOcelot likes this.
  3. PlaystationTV

PlaystationTV GBAtemp Regular

Aug 13, 2016
    United States
    you sure that henkaku is stopping the update or it just doesn't update when you do a restore? i did a restore and never got asked to update, i just had wifi off

SonsofOcelot likes this.
  4. SonsofOcelot

SonsofOcelot Shalashaska

Aug 4, 2016
    Canada
    Kamurocho
    I always kep mine in airplane mode unless i'm using FTP. Even in airplane mode you can turn on wifi... Just turn on airplane mode, turn off system, restart while holding PS button and R trigger, select format system... done

5. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    With revision 3, Henkaku got firmware spoofing for 3.61. So yeah if he were doing a restore and Henkaku was activated, it wouldn't ask for an update (until after it restarted and Henkaku needed to be reinstalled).

But yeah, just put your Vita in airplane mode if you're worried about it asking you to update.

6. PBallWiz
    OP

PBallWiz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    OK Thanks!
    So will the remote play to my PS4 still work?