System monitoring software

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by xcalibur, Oct 18, 2008.

Oct 18, 2008

System monitoring software by xcalibur at 9:20 PM (871 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. xcalibur
    OP

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    I was wondering if anyone knows a software which will allow me to monitor other desktops in case one of the computers in the network goes on innapropriate content. This is for the internet caff I'm working in and its very important to have this kind of software but the problem is I dont know the first place to look for something like this.
    Of course seeing as its for a business I need it to be legit so no telling me to go pirate it mkay'?

I want it to be similar to a software my school used to have called netop which could monitor what you do and even control your computer.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

2. Razorwing

Member Razorwing Elite Four Member

United Kingdom
    Sounds like you are looking for something like CrossTec Remote Control. Looks like this can do most of what you are looking for.

3. Mewgia

Member Mewgia drifter

United States
    my school uses Alteris. You can see the screens of every computer on your network, send them messages with a little chat box that pops up, control them, ect. However, it has to be installed beforehand, as it loads before the OS and such, so it would only work on the computers you already have there and not a laptop that someone brings in (if your cyber cafe is primarily for letting people come in and use your computers then you're set)

4. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    WinVNC or realVNC install on all machines and control from a master/main machine

5. Lee79

Member Lee79 Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict

United Kingdom
    RealVNC is what most internet cafes around my way use to connect to and take control of other computers on their local network. Not sure what they use to monitor sites but you need something that will block inappropriate sites in the first place like using opendns.com to filter sites.

6. xcalibur
    OP

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    Thanks a lot for this. As soon as I find out the password for deepfreeze, I'll get working on these computers.

7. UltraMagnus

Member UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

United Kingdom
    so, why are you spying on your customers?

8. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    1. He has to make sure they don't do anything wrong/install malware/whatever. He works at an internet cafe.
    2. I'd spy on them for the hell of it, lol.