System Menu 4.3u w/o bootv4

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by kylster, Sep 24, 2010.

Sep 24, 2010

System Menu 4.3u w/o bootv4 by kylster at 8:40 AM (2,764 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. kylster
    OP

Member kylster mich weich töten

United States
    Hi im on system menu 4.1u and last i checked that is the last system menu where you could have bootmii installed on bootv2. I was wondering if i could still update to 4.3u w/o having to update to bootv4. ? If so is it safe? or should i just stick with 4.1u for bootmii installed as bootv2? Im asking cause i would like to be on 4.3u, but if it requires me to loose my full brick protection then ill just stick with what i have.

2. LocoRoco

Member LocoRoco GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    you can update to v4 but then you have to reinstall bootmii thats about it..

4.3 update offers nothing

Dont Update [​IMG]

but if you do install ios80 first then 4.3 system menu (apps: NUS Downloader,Dop-Mii,Multi-Mod Manager)

you loose the ability to use bannerbomb exploit

3. smf

Member smf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Also, once you're on v4 then you won't have to install bootmi again until nintendo release v5. Future updates that only have v4 won't do anything.
    I couldn't be bothered with using all those tools to get latest shop, IOS etc. So I just installed 4.3 online.
    Apart from bannerbomb there is no problem, if you have latest HBC before you update then you don't need bannerbomb (before bannerbomb I only borrowed zelda anyway so I'm used to not having an instant fallback).
    IOS236 installer gives you all you need to install everything else, previously I used cboot2 but this is much easier.

4. kylster
    OP

United States
    so it's safe to say i can just update to bootv4 and just keep my sys menu @ 4.1u then? But why would installing ios80 before updating prevent bannerbomb? I do have the latest homebrew channel and ios236.

I guess i should say the reason i want to goto 4.3u is because of this awsome Bleach theme for the sm [​IMG] im a huge anime fan LoL

5. trumpet-205

Member trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

United States
    There is no reason to install boot2v4. In fact installing it carries a risk of full bricking. All boot2v4 did is add a lag in timing of booting sequence. I left mine in v2 and it went perfectly well.

You must install IOS80 before installing System Menu 4.3. If you install System Menu 4.3 first you will have a low level brick.

6. kylster
    OP

United States
    ok so i can use a program like Dop-Mii to install system menu 4.3u w/o it updating the bootv4 and if i have the latest homebrew channel it should still be on there right?

I have Priiloader, bootmii, and cIOS236 with latest homebrew channel, if i do update to 4.3 would i have to redo my softmod?

If i can use Dop-Mii should i use an older version and use cIOS236 to install system menu 4.3u or use a newer version with AHBROOT + IOS58?
    My main concern if i do have to redo my softmod would be i have no access to SSBB or anything so if my homebrew channel gets deleted im pretty much screwed.

7. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    You can update to 4.3 and install IOS80 using dop-mii, use the wiibrew edition for that! You must reinstall priiloader after updating. The softmod will still be there.

8. Yuan

Member Yuan GBAtemp Maniac

Brazil
    If you install IOS80 and don't install System Menu 4.3, what happens?

9. FIX94

Germany
    Nothing, you will have IOS80, that's it.

10. s3phir0th115

Member s3phir0th115 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The boot2 overwriting doesn't happen unless you do an official update.

For instance, I got System Menu 4.3, the latest IOSes except where stubbed, and no custom IOS blocking stub installed. I also don't have an updated boot2.

All I did was use NUSD to make a System Menu 4.3 wad, then IOSes. Then I installed the IOSes, then the system menu. Combined with prilloader, you can effectively have a fully updated system and have anything that might cause a problem neutered.

11. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    You can have any boot2 revision on any System Menu, and further more, you can have BootMii installed to boot2 regardless of your boot2 revision. So you can go to 4.3 without updating boot2 if you like, but any new games you play will prompt for an update. I advise installing boot2v4 and then reinstalling BootMii. You may as well update HBC to latest and then do a full update officially IMO.

12. kylster
    OP

United States
    ok so since im using system menu 4.1u should i use dop-mii wiibrew edition to update to 4.2u first or just go ahead and update to 4.3u. I already have all the latest IOS installed except for the stub versions. thanks for the reply guys [​IMG] and what is this block stub ios installing? would i need to install this prior to updating as well? and if so where can i grab this nifty homebrew LoL

13. FIX94

Germany
    Update straight to 4.3u and IOS80 with dop-mii wiibrew edition. Stubs are IOSes with a high version number that you can't overwrite them and there are empty, so don't install stubs on your wii please...

14. kylster
    OP

United States
    thanks for the great info guys you definitly eased my worries LoL now im on sys4.3.u and didnt have to reinstall anything [​IMG] makes me wonder why they have Safe Updater Homebrew. That's what i Originally Used to get to 4.1u

So now boot2, why would anyone update this if it does not effect the wii's performance?

15. KyleJCrb

Newcomer KyleJCrb Member

United States
    System Menu 4.3 (and for that matter 4.2) don't affect performance either, so there is no real reason to update to them.