System Menu 4.3

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by yunior597, Aug 19, 2010.

Aug 19, 2010

System Menu 4.3 by yunior597 at 8:27 AM (1,403 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. yunior597
    OP

Newcomer yunior597 Advanced Member

Dominican Republic
    I was wondering if a previous softmodded wii, if get updated to 4.3 via nintendo servers, will lose the prilloader?

I have cios 202,222,223,224, v5.1., 249,250 rev20.

will the wii keep with all cios? and the hbc 1.08?

Note:I wont update, just curiosity, it doesnt worth to lose my precious boot2 v2 to a v4...

2. s3phir0th115

Member s3phir0th115 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yeah. priiloader would be axed. Any system menu install would get rid of it.

3. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Same here. Still hanging on to v2 myself. Just for the info though, updating to v4 won't block bootmii/boot2 if you have it. A console that's bootmii/boot2 capable will ALWAYS be bootmii/boot2 capable, regardless of the installed boot2 version. If a boot2 update removes it, you can just reinstall it.

4. john1010_ma

Member john1010_ma GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    OMG! I was depressed for a few days after mistakenly thinking v4 blocked bootmii/boot2. I was wrong and am very happy to be wrong. Thanks!!

5. jakejm79

Member jakejm79 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Isnt the vulnerability in boot1 that allows bootmii to be installed to boot2, so its the boot1 version that controls whether you can have bootmii/boot2 installed or not and that is something that is not touched by a system update, it was corrected directly on the wiis that nintendo started releasing.

6. techboy

United States
    Yes it is. An update will never touch boot1 since alterations to boot1 = bricked wii. If you're curious about your boot1 version, bootmii has an option that shows the version installed. I think the vulnerable boot1's are boot1a or boot1b in bootmii, and that boot1c or newer are the fixed versions.

As for how it was corrected, they indeed just started shipping the fixed boot1 on new wiis.

Boot1's aside, anybody remember the the hype/worry when boot2v4 was new? The new-rev hardware (commonly called "LU64+") consoles were just hitting the market, and many claimed the boot2v4 on them was what caused old IOSes to stop working. It turned out to be a timing issue.

7. bwillb

Member bwillb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    While on the subject, what is updated in boot2v4 anyway?

8. techboy

United States
    That's something I've always wondered as well. If I had to guess, I'd say it was for the new-rev hardware support.

Of course, this fails to explain why N shipped it with 4.2 (maybe just for the bootmii removal?).

9. lulwut

Member lulwut GBAtemp Fan

Japan
    if you'd read the hackmii blog you'd know...

10. techboy

United States
    I did read that article a while back, hence mentioning the timing issue in one of my posts.

I'm gonna have to go read it again...