Hacking System Kernel not found

Demosthenes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought an EZ-Flash Vi and a RiDATA 4GB sd card and I am in the process of setting it up to use. I have a DS lite.

I was following this guide and all I got to was putting the kernel into the root of the card. I wanted to check which model I had, so I put a game into the root of the card (as is suggested by the guide). Once I started up the DS and clicked on the game I got a screen saying that it was booting up for a few seconds. Then the bottom screen told me that the System Kernel was not found and wouldn't do anything.

I haven't gone through many steps, so I don't know what I could have done wrong. Did I get a faulty flashcart?

Here's what the root of my sd card looks like so far:
KLNh9.png

Demosthenes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I found the ez5sys.bin in the 3.0 OB1 kernel, but what do I do? Should I format my card again and then extract that to it? And once I update the flashcart do I just follow the steps in the quickstart guide again?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Demosthenes said:
Ok, I found the ez5sys.bin in the 3.0 OB1 kernel, but what do I do? Should I format my card again and then extract that to it? And once I update the flashcart do I just follow the steps in the quickstart guide again?
http://gbatemp.net/t250560-gbatemp-ez5i-sk...t&p=3113926

Here is Mbmax's super short guide on updating (just use the 3.0 OB3 kernel instead of the OB2).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night