System Kernel not found

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by Demosthenes, Nov 8, 2010.

Nov 8, 2010

System Kernel not found by Demosthenes at 11:34 PM (2,734 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Demosthenes
    OP

Newcomer Demosthenes Newbie

United States
    I just bought an EZ-Flash Vi and a RiDATA 4GB sd card and I am in the process of setting it up to use. I have a DS lite.

I was following this guide and all I got to was putting the kernel into the root of the card. I wanted to check which model I had, so I put a game into the root of the card (as is suggested by the guide). Once I started up the DS and clicked on the game I got a screen saying that it was booting up for a few seconds. Then the bottom screen told me that the System Kernel was not found and wouldn't do anything.

I haven't gone through many steps, so I don't know what I could have done wrong. Did I get a faulty flashcart?

Here's what the root of my sd card looks like so far:
    [​IMG]

2. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    If the firmware is old, you might need to get the files to update it (I think there might have been an ez5sys.bin before it was changed to ez5isys.bin...though I can't really remember xD).

3. Demosthenes
    OP

United States
    Ok, I found the ez5sys.bin in the 3.0 OB1 kernel, but what do I do? Should I format my card again and then extract that to it? And once I update the flashcart do I just follow the steps in the quickstart guide again?

4. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    http://gbatemp.net/t250560-gbatemp-ez5i-sk...t&p=3113926

Here is Mbmax's super short guide on updating (just use the 3.0 OB3 kernel instead of the OB2).

5. Demosthenes
    OP

United States
    Thank you very much jurassicplayer!

Everything's working fine now.