system has update on latest version help

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by faze_tfue, Dec 18, 2018.

1. faze_tfue
    OP

faze_tfue Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Yo so i cant update apps cuz my os says i need to update and when i try it errors and restarts. But it worked on emunand but my apps arent om there sorrh for bad grammar i am on an android samsung gakaxy t210 4.4.4 my n2ds is on 11.9.0e42

2. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Are you trying to update the 3DS firmware to 11.9.0-42 on SysNAND? Try it in Recovery Mode.
    Why are you using EmuNAND, btw?

??? Update your custom firmware as well: Updating B9S

3. faze_tfue
    OP

faze_tfue Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2018
    United Kingdom
    The problem is that I am already on 11.9.0-42 and it gives an error when I tried, the emunand is because i just feel more safer with 2 systems but is it really needed? Btw I’m at latest of Luma, and I used frog miner

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Btw won’t be able to reply for a bit I’m at school rn

4. Langley911

Langley911 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2018
    Hong Kong
    install CFW,emuNAND is old as shit

5. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    EmuNAND isn't needed for the typical 3DS homebrew users these days. Unless you intend to do dev work or sandbox experiment with the NAND, you're better off if you:
    1. Copy everything from the SD card over to your computer.
    2. Reformat the card to delete the EmuNAND and merge back the partitions using MiniTool Partition Wizard (free edition) with these settings:
      • Format: FAT32
      • Cluster Size: 32 KB
      • Partition: Primary
      • Disk: MBR

• MiniTool Partition Wizard Software Tutorial Guide
        1. Delete Partition (for both partitions)
        2. Initialize to MBR Disk -or- Convert GPT to MBR Disk (if it's in GPT Disk)
        3. Rebuild MBR
        4. Create a New Partition [ Create as: Primary | File System: FAT32 | Cluster Size: 32 KB ]
    3. Recommended: Full Write + Verify Test the empty card for hardware defects with H2testw.
      • Delete the *.h2w test files if it passes, or get a replacement card if the scan reported an error.
    4. Copy everything back onto the card, reinsert into the 3DS, hold (Select) button to boot Luma3DS v9.1 configuration, and use these settings:
      • [​IMG]

As long as you backed up your SysNAND and kept the *.bin image somewhere safe on your computer or external drive, you can recovery from almost all software bricks.

On top of that, make frequent enough backups of your game saves + extdata using Checkpoint or JKSM.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted