Hacking "System files are corrupted" at power up?

majic723

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accidentally installed a different region firmware from a wii fit disc. My wii is an NTSC and i'm not sure where the wii fit disc was from. Anyways, now as soon as i power up the wii it goes straight to black screen that displays the message "The system files are corrupted. Please refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting". It does not go to the health screen, just straight to this message. Not sure where i can go from here. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I accidentally installed a different region firmware from a wii fit disc.
"Accidently" full of crap, you cannot "accidently" proceed to update a different region disc, "you know fine well what would happen!"

e.g. i'm on 3.4 with homebrew channel....."accidently updated to 3.5" full of crap! help me downgrade i want starfall
frown.gif

Does anyone ever learn...
Hey noobwarrior, this one isn't quite your favourite subject
tongue.gif

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Game over. Your fault for not paying attention, really. That's the price you pay for trying to play a different region game on your console.
Playing an out of region game is one thing, but proceeding with an update, which you don't have any idea about..sorry but if that was me i'd snap the disc in half or spin it outside!

majic723

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, i know, very stupid. I will suck it up and take it as a loss if i have to, i'm just grasping at any hope that i might have. Is there any way it can be booted into maintenance mode with the gamecube controller or the savemii?

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
majic723 said:
Yeah, i know, very stupid. I will suck it up and take it as a loss if i have to, i'm just grasping at any hope that i might have. Is there any way it can be booted into maintenance mode with the gamecube controller or the savemii?
unfortunately no...

man you guys are being a bit too harsh on majic723... not everyone is perfect, shit maybe he/she didn't sleep well the night before and wasn't thinking clearly... but to be so brute, not sure why you guys even posted if you have nothing helpful to say

majic723

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i tried the semi brick fix disc and it doesn't boot. It just doesn't boot anything. I can sync up my wiimote and thats about it. I don't think i can send it in cuz it has a modchip in it.

WhySoSerious70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
majic723 said:
I accidentally installed a different region firmware from a wii fit disc. My wii is an NTSC and i'm not sure where the wii fit disc was from. Anyways, now as soon as i power up the wii it goes straight to black screen that displays the message "The system files are corrupted. Please refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting". It does not go to the health screen, just straight to this message. Not sure where i can go from here. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

LOL Sorry.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

QUOTE said:
LOL Sorry.
you evil man!
tongue.gif

Dteyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
majic723 said:
Yeah i tried the semi brick fix disc and it doesn't boot. It just doesn't boot anything. I can sync up my wiimote and thats about it. I don't think i can send it in cuz it has a modchip in it.

If the Twilight Hack savegame is on the Wii, since you have a modchip you should be able to burn an autoboot copy of Twilight Princess, load it using SaveMiiFrii and use the Twilight Hack to use some type of homebrew (maybe the downgrader) to fix the firmware.

But if you don't have the Twilight Hack on the Wii then I guess you're SOL, sorry.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
even if that were the case, he probably doesn't have the right region disc to make it boot...and he'd need a recovery menu solution....IF you can do anything, it'll have to involve TP, and you got your work cut out for you.

EDIT: actually you need a recovery menu option + new YOUR REGION disc (with update above wiifit update) can be retail or burnt if you have a chip

if that doesn't work ,you really are done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @AncientBoi my condolences to both of you +2