System File Missing Message at Reboot

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by kinneas123, Apr 21, 2009.

Apr 21, 2009
  1. kinneas123
    OP

Newcomer kinneas123 Newbie

United States
    I'm going nuts here.

Just got my Acekard 2i today--white box with orange sticker version and put on the latest AKAIO (1.41), loaders (April 20th), etc. I copied my ROMs off of my R4 along with their saves and everything seems to be working fine except for one MAJOR annoyance. Every time I power down the system, I am unable to load the Acekard next time I re-power. I either get stuck on a loading screen for eternity or I get the "System File Missing" message. So, every time I power down, I need to re-copy all of the AKAIO files from my computer back to my microSD card in order to boot the thing again. I'm able to switch between games within a single play session using the soft reset feature, but I can't find a way to prevent this error message upon shut down and reboot. Am I missing something obvious here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For the record, I'm using a 2gb Japanese Kingston microSD, and the only settings I changed when I initially powered up the card were the language (CN to EN, although I've since changed it back with no effect), the background (Changed it to ZELDA and back again), and the Savetype (.nds.sav to .sav). Thanks again.

EDIT: Also, I'm playing on an American DSi and formatted the card using the Panasonic formatter (default format settings) today. Also, I have tried removing and reinserting the card and that hasn't produced any results.

2. kinneas123
    OP

United States
    After extensive testing, I have discovered that simply waiting approximately 20 minutes after powering down seems to solve the problem--has anyone else experienced this and is there a fix?

3. zero383

Member zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I've never experienced or heard of this happening. It could be your system files are corrupt? Try this:

- Backup all the files on your SD to your PC.
    - Format your SD card with the Panasonic Formatter (full format).
    - Copy AKAIO 1.4.1 Proper back on along with the 4/20 loader
    - Copy a game onto the card (no save games)
    - Start the game to re-create a sav game file
    - Power down

See if the problem still occurs. If it's fine, test with your backed up save game.

4. onidog

Newcomer onidog Newbie

United States
    well mines doing the same thing. I've re-formatted mine and reloaded my roms back onto my cart. but its still not working. i tried my SD card on someone elses acekard 2i and it works fine so im wondering if it might be my cart. would i have to buy another one? is there someway i might be able to fix it? i checked the cart and it looks like there might be a small needle size indentation on the gold part on the cart. and i never even take the stupid thing out. ahhh!!!! [​IMG] if anybody knows something please help.
    thanks,
    -Cody

5. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I have a feeling that it might have to do with the new batch of Acekard 2i's but those only usually have contact problems.... Someone with experienced info of AKAIO might be able to help like AW. The problem seems to be that there's something getting written to the SD Card right before power down causing it to corrupt. If any of you have a spare microSD try this:

- Reformat both SD Cards the exact same way
    - Put the exact same files & ROMs onto the card
    - Put the one that was the original SD card into the Acekard
    - Do what you would do normally and wait for it to freeze after reboot of the DSi.
    - Once frozen, power down and swap SD Cards
    - If the problem persists it is the SD Card. If it doesn't, either its the Acekard or something is getting written to the SD Card that is making it corrupt.

~ Jon

6. kinneas123
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the advice--the problem seems to have mostly vanished at this point or at least become manageable--I think it's just a contacts issue and the whole 20 minutes thing was just a coincidence. I'll keep you apprised of the situation, though. Thanks for the help, zero383 and jonjon95.

7. onidog

Newcomer onidog Newbie

United States
    thanks for your help. I've tried the steps you gave but alas nothing.I've tried using my SD card in another Acekard and it worked. so I'm thinking I just got myself a faulty Acekard. fortunately the online dealer i bought it from is happy to send me another. [​IMG] i did try the official software and is seems to be working for a min. could it be the AKAIO software?

8. zero383

Member zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    If it was a problem with the AKAIO firmware, then everybody using it will have problems, not just a couple people.

9. Martiin

Member Martiin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If most of you haven't found out already, the Acekard does have alot of bad kinks.
    Before you make a topic, just know that it has alot of problems that won't be fixed for a while...