Homebrew System Channels in HBC?

minjeeta

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.djjustjones.co.uk
XP
Country
Wow Slimmmmmm thank you for the link and files, but I have a problem. Neither seem to work. I have placed the dol in a folder inside apps but blackscreen. I have also got devkit working and it seems to compile again ok from the included files but still no luck, I did also change the channel id back to SifJar's original for Mii channel and recompiled but still no joy. Then I'd thought of trying the original WiiLoader.dol but nothing. Please we are so close any ideas??...m

Pal wii on 4.2

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Question: what is the need for the wiiflow / wiimc launchers ? I can understand the OP request for official Nintendo channels to run as apps do, but wiiflow / wiimc already ARE apps - and launch fine from HBC.

Enquiry: Would it be possible to make a .dol / channel that launches the SD menu??

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
minjeeta said:
Wow Slimmmmmm thank you for the link and files, but I have a problem. Neither seem to work. I have placed the dol in a folder inside apps but blackscreen. I have also got devkit working and it seems to compile again ok from the included files but still no luck, I did also change the channel id back to SifJar's original for Mii channel and recompiled but still no joy. Then I'd thought of trying the original WiiLoader.dol but nothing. Please we are so close any ideas??...m

Pal wii on 4.2

Did you try my MiiChannel loader etc.? If they don't work, that seems odd. Others have reported them working. I have never actually tested them myself.

fatherjack said:
Question: what is the need for the wiiflow / wiimc launchers ? I can understand the OP request for official Nintendo channels to run as apps do, but wiiflow / wiimc already ARE apps - and launch fine from HBC.
He wanted to autoboot to them from Priiloader or something

Enquiry: Would it be possible to make a .dol / channel that launches the SD menu??

Possibly. Depends whether there is a flag for the System Menu which makes it load with SD Menu open. There is for example one for settings, and there is consequently a function in libogc which will load SM directly at the settings screen. Whether there is a similar function or not for the SD Menu I don't know.

minjeeta

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.djjustjones.co.uk
XP
Country
Sorry I ment MiiLoader.dol, it didn't work. bootopera does work is there something in that code that would help here, minus the argument of course?....M

Yes I want to load them with priiloader to repace the blackscreen while my hdd boots up with the custom channels nice splash screens.

SifJar said:
minjeeta said:

Pal wii on 4.2

Did you try my MiiChannel loader etc.? If they don't work, that seems odd. Others have reported them working. I have never actually tested them myself.

fatherjack said:
He wanted to autoboot to them from Priiloader or something

Possibly. Depends whether there is a flag for the System Menu which makes it load with SD Menu open. There is for example one for settings, and there is consequently a function in libogc which will load SM directly at the settings screen. Whether there is a similar function or not for the SD Menu I don't know.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmm, anyone else tried the MiiLoader.dol? I was under the impression it worked, but in that case there would be no reason for it not to work for you...I see no real difference between the actual channel loading of my DOLs and bootOpera. Strange. I must get round to actually testing the DOLs I posted myself
biggrin.gif

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
lol and pmsl
tongue.gif

I just tried one myself and it doesn't work, looking at the source it "should" work.

I don't have any time myself just now to figure this out but I don't think it will be anything complicated.

SJ, I've got a Q though, why does the id end with ULL, because some other sources I had (not sure where from*) only had 0x......LL so no U

*Maybe Triiforce, or USB Loader GX most likely.

As for the question why these don't work imo it's maybe an entry point conflict, some IOS issue, permission or maybe something not included that should be. Can't be too hard to get sorted if we look at some sources like USBLGX, WiiExplorer or WiiMU, or anything that loads chans. It's now bugigng me so if I have time at the weekend inbetween F1, out with kids and doing some garden stuff I'll be figuring it out for my own curiousity.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I basically copied what I saw in bootOpera IIRC. I'll look over it myself and see if I can get it working...

EDIT: OK, can someone try this DOL: http://www.mediafire.com/?10uyaa15dhwuan7? I've made a couple of changes, which I think shouldn't make much difference, but lets see if they do...I've also added some extra stuff so that if it fails to load the channel, it should display a failure message, and allow you to press Home to return to HBC.

I'd appreciate feedback on whether it works or not. If it does, I'll try and simply the source a bit and then post it.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
minjeeta said:
thats a shame tested and confirmend not working. Please don't give up.....m
Sorry, but I think I'm gonna have to give up...I have NO idea what I'm doing wrong, I'm not a programmer, someone who is could probably make a working DOL in a couple of minutes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Dude just shat himself.