System asking for game update even without Internet connection

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by katosix, Dec 28, 2018.

1. katosix
    OP

katosix Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2018
    France
    I am running a hacked Switch with 6.2.0 ReiNX.
    Whenever I try to run a game (DK Tropical Freeze for instance), system is asking for a game update although I deactivated Internet connection (english message is "A new update is available" but in my language it says "An update is available for this software").
    If I push "Start Game", everthing is fine but it is a bit annoying to always get this message everytime I run a game.

Is it safe to activate Internet connection and update game then shut down Internet again ?

2. man_of_power05

man_of_power05 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2012
    United States
    just install an nsp of the update

3. katosix
    OP

katosix Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2018
    France
    So I should manually download the latest nsp update for my games to get rid of this message ?

shanefromoz likes this.
  4. ucef

ucef Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2018
    Morocco
    yeah !

5. Adrian137

Adrian137 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2018
    Japan
    How do you manually download the latest map update?

6. Adrian137
    This message by Adrian137 has been removed from public view by Joe88, Dec 29, 2018.
    Dec 29, 2018
  7. bad361

bad361 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 18, 2018
    Russia
    Moscow
    You can also launch maintance mode by holding - and + while booting your switch...And then just reboot into your cfw, it will get rid of all the update "notifications". But they will reappear anyway as soon as you connect to a wifi (unless you use 90dns, in which case they wont appear since it blocks nindendo stuff). But yeah..you can also just find the latest update and install it as well.

Last edited by bad361, Dec 29, 2018
  8. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker News Police

Banned
    Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    He said he got update notifications without connecting to the internet, so maintenance mode + CFW won’t work. Afaik the firmware itself dictates if an update for a game is available by checking an offline database that is included in the firmware.

xs4all and splymb like this.
  9. Masamune3210

Masamune3210 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 23, 2016
    United States
    Mantience mode only clears out system updates afaik, not games. Considering that my system has never touched Nintendo servers, I'm going to go with the offline database idea but im not sure

10. Sumandora

Sumandora Im using Parental Controls. Change my Mind!

Nov 13, 2018
    Germany
    gag-order?......

11. thesjaakspoiler

thesjaakspoiler GBAtemp Regular

Nov 20, 2018
    Afghanistan
    I have the same issue.
    Running on 6.2.0 (Atmosphere CFW) in airplane mode.
    Every games is telling me there is an update while most of them don't have an update nsp.

12. nachuz

nachuz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 21, 2017
    Chile
    why disable internet connection to start with? It will delay the ban, but not stop the ban, you broke the tos, and if you don't want to get banned, you shouldn't had hacked it to start with

13. sergux

sergux Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2018
    Afghanistan
    I have The same trouble Im on 6.2 and every game updated but he console shows "an update is avaiable" is there a way to remove this?

14. katosix
    OP

katosix Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2018
    France
    I heard you can restore your unaltered NAND and then go online safely ? Is it wrong ?

15. Masamune3210

Masamune3210 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 23, 2016
    United States
    In theory it should be fine, but it still isn't completely known what Nintendo uses to ban people

16. thesjaakspoiler

Nov 20, 2018
    Afghanistan
  17. thesjaakspoiler

Nov 20, 2018
    Afghanistan
    Today my Japanese Switch (6.2.0) was even telling that there was a system update ready to be installed. :blink:
    I rebooted into the recovery mode (press both + and - volume buttons) and powered off the Switch again.
    After rebooting all the nags about the updates for all games were also gone.
    I don't know if it works permanently.

18. rrdein

rrdein Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2018
    United States
    Hate to resurrect the dead here but I get this with every game I install. I'm on the latest version of Atmosphere.

Nobody knows why this happens? If I have 90DNS is there any way for me to accidentally accept one of these updates?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted